Chap 9

Standing in my closet I rummage through all my drawers. I don't have a single one piece bathing suit! All I can find is bikini after bikini.
I pull on my favorite halter neck swim suit and pull a tshirt dress on over top. I also grab a towel and some sunscreen. SPF 4,000 for my ginger ass.
I walk down the stairs and outside. I place all my things on the table next to the hammock, and hook my phone up to the speakers. I also grab a bunch of floaties from the shed and throw them into the pool.
Adrian comes out in swim trunks with a cooler of drinks. Sean and chase follow shortly with platters of snacks and bowls of chips.
I stare at them questioningly, why do we need so much food?
"We may have uh invited some people," says Sean rubbing the back of his neck.
Almost immediately I hear the hollers of my brothers closest friends, Nick comes flying over the fence, Aaron, Noah and Eric come from the kitchen.
"Sean! Isabel is coming over! And so is Alex!" I can't believe they'd do that to her, she was so excited to hang out with him. Then I hear one of the guys,
"Damn I hope she's hot too," Eric nods in agreement and then I hear squealing.

Isabel comes running around the corner in a magenta swimsuit with floral bottoms and cute little flower pieces on the top. She throws her towel on Chase, and runs to Sean.
"Catch me!" She squeals and throws herself into the air towards Sean. He picks her up and spins her around before putting her down. Still giggling like a maniac. I get it, she likes him because he's stronger then me, whatever. I'm a better cook.

She looks at the boys and waves shyly, hiding a little behind Sean's leg. That is until Aaron says
"Wow I've never seen a real princess before," and. She. Loses. It. Like really loses it.
She definitely won't have a hard time getting along with them now.

-------A little while later------

Isabel was picked up twenty minutes ago by her friends mom, and now we are all just hanging out by the pool. The guys are all playing volleyball in the water, and I'm lying on the hammock reading like I have been for the past two hours.
The guys finish their game and all sit down in the chairs and just talk for a while. I try not to pry but I can't help but overhear it when Aaron asks Sean
"Dude how old did you say your sister was?"
"I swear to god Brewer if you make one move I will knock your block off," replies Sean.
Aaron laughs and hold up his hands.
Yikes.
Aaron isn't really a relationship kinda guy, he's not boyfriend material. He's super nice and what not, he's just not really a settler.
"I'm just asking cause that girl she's always with, the tall brunette, is my partner for that summer class I'm taking."
"Oh yeah you must mean Rosie right?"
"Yeah that's her."
The guys all look at each other knowingly and laugh. Alex and the guys all hung out when we were little. It was always just them and me, I know kinda weird, but my only friend in elementary school was Rosie and she goes on vacation every weekend to the Hamptons.

The guys get bored of talking and decide to go swimming again. The pool's been baking in the sun all day and must be really warm. Chase turns on the jets and they all get in, except for Alex.
He comes and crashes my Me Party.
"What's up kitty cat?" Making himself at home on the other half of the hammock.
"Not much, I've been baking out here in the sun all day." I motion to my slightly tanned legs and shoulders.
"You should come and swim!" He suggests, which honestly sounds really nice.
"Um no it's okay," I can't though. I have bruises on me from my fall and bruises down my hip from Matt.
"Nope you're coming in," he picks me up and is about to throw me in while I shout at him to stop, that I will get changed and then get in.
I go back over towards my stuff and pull off my dress.
I stay over by my stuff wasting time. Not ready for them to see more than the faded bruise on my face.

ALEX POV
I get out of the pool to go and find that little cat. She just snuck off without a goodbye.
I walk around the huge planter and see Amelia standing there hugging herself and just pushing the dirt around with her toes. I also see the huge fucking bruise.
It's all my fault too. If I had just manned up and asked her out, she never would've dated that dick.
And if I hadn't left her there alone, he never would've showed up. Matt knows I can kick his sorry ass.
"I didn't realize how hard he hit you," It looks almost like one of the punches I'd get while in the ring. I swear if Isabel ever decides to date someone like that ass, he'll be sorry he ever looked at her.
"It honestly wasn't too bad it could've been way worse, I should've kicked his butt myself," she mutters while turning to look at me. Damn those ice blue eyes, I can almost feel myself forgetting how to talk. The little freckles all across her nose, cheekbones and forehead are reminders of how much she looks like that little sixth grade girl I was hopelessly in love with.
The 18 year old girl I am now hopelessly falling in love with.

A/N: Okay so this was kind a filler cause the next chapter is boutta be more Amelia and Alex action. 😘

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!!

Add this amazing story to your library and reading lists too!!👍