Chap 3

After watching Big Hero 6 and Ice Age, Isabel had finally fallen asleep. All snuggled up in the warm blankets and in the dark living room it was the perfect conditions to knock out an eight year old.
I pick up the pop corn bowls and place them on the coffee table, before I un-swaddle her from the blankets and pillows. I pick her up carefully and begin the trip upstairs. It's only 9:30 so I still have some time before Matt shows up. I push open her door with my foot and lay her down. I pull the thick comforter over her along with a white fluffy blanket identical to the one in Alex's room. She moves around a bit and reaches out for her stuffy. I pull Mr. Sprinkles from the end of her bed and hand him to her gently. She pulls the bear to her chest and just lays there sleeping. I turn on the little fairy lights by her window because I know she is scared of the dark. I then tiptoe out of her room and decide to clean up a bit and maybe make a lasagna for Alex and his father to eat when they come home. It's now 9:40 and I turn off the security in the front door but keep it locked so that the alarm doesn't go off when Matt gets here. I pick up and fold all the blankets and put the pillows back in their rightful spots. I put the popcorn bowls in the dishwasher and pull out a casserole dish to make the lasagna in. I decide on a meatless lasagna because they don't have any ground meat.
I layer the pasta, the sauce, and the mozzarella and ricotta cheese. And wrap it up and put it in the fridge. I'll cook it later when they get home. I also turn on the kettle and boil some water to make myself a nice cup of tea.
I make myself some hot chai tea and just add a little milk. I sit at the breakfast bar and wait for Matt to show up. I prepare myself internally for the conversation that is to come.
I hear a knock on the door and I bounce off the chair and pad to the door. Immediately once it's open I can see that Matt isn't in a right state of mind. He looks exhausted and he's kinda sweaty. I look to his feet and see his trainers and I realize he must have gone to the gym before he came here.
"Why the f*ck did you cancel on me again Amelia?!" I put a finger to my lips to tell him to be quiet.
"Don't swear Matt, there is a child just upstairs. And to answer your question, I had to watch Isabel" he pinches the bridge of his nose.
"But did you really have to? You've been so distant lately, you don't let me touch you as much and you're always screwing stuff up," he sighs "You're lucky I put up with this sh1t, no one else would ever stand for this. My friends and parents always say I could do so much better and maybe they are right." My eyes widen, I didn't realize everyone thought I was such a terrible girlfriend.
"I-I-" he cuts me off almost immediately.
"Why the h*ll are you wearing men's sweatpants and shirt? Are you cheating on me? I swear to god, I will beat the sh1t out of King if he even breathed near you."
I shake my head no furiously, he can't get the wrong idea.
"No, I swear I'm not cheating on you. I'm sorry. I was just cold and Isabel got me these clothes, I swear." He runs his hand through his hair and the anger in his eyes doesn't seem to subdue.
"You make me so angry Amelia! This is all you're fault! You are so stupid, King just wants to get into your pants! He doesn't want to be friends with you! Why would he? All your friends are my friends, I am the only reason you are even popular," I feel tears come out of my eyes and this only seems to make him angrier,
"Why the f*ck are you crying?! Why are you upset? Do you want me to give you something to cry about?!" That's when I decide to talk back,
"Matt be quiet Isabel might-" I'm stopped by his hand smacking me across the face. I fall over and immediately I feel the sting in my cheek. He kneels down and grabs my hair,
"Don't EVER tell me what to do! I don't take orders from you!" He pushes my head down and it hits the floor hard. He storms out the door leaving it wide open. I just lay on the ground bawling because my face hurts and I just want it to stop. I want Alex to come home.

A/N: Finally we get into the juicy stuff. I give you all full reign to hate Matt, just you wait until someone comes to her rescue😉I'm so freaking excited I'm like a chihuahua on crack also someone added this to their library😍 wow do I feel popular or what
Soooo on that note...

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!!