10

"John!" I shouted noticing him outside Derek's while I was getting out of the car. "How dare you touch my stuff you little" and I run towards him but before I can get to him strong arms surround me stopping me from smashing his brains out.

"Let. Me. Go" I tell Derek slapping his arms but he doesn't budge.

"Perrie I was just" John began but Derek interrupted him

"I ordered John to take your stuff to my place if you have to blame anyone. Blame me" Derek said turning me around so I was facing him.

"Oh I blame you alright" I sneer pointing a finger to his chest "Don't ever think I'm not" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Baby please. Listen" pleads Derek "People will hear us please can we talk inside"

I push him away and go inside the house but not before sending a growl John's way. I go into the living room area and stand in the middle with my arms folded.

"Alright say what you have to" said Derek moving closer to me. I hold out my hand to tell him to stay where he is.

"You're basically kidnapping me" I said clenching my fists

"Perrie please" he said with a snort "this isn't kidnapping"

"I'm being forced to live here without my consent. I think that counts as kidnapping!" I shout almost popping a vein

"Perrie you're my mate I can't let you be anywhere else my wolf won't allow it but I am willing to come to an agreement with you. I won't force you into anything what you say goes if you want to add some ground rules. Fine. I won't stop you" he said

I thought about it for a second I think it could work if we set up some ground rules.

"You kissed me in the car" I said "how can I trust you won't pull another stunt like that?"

"Baby that was just to prove a point and I promise from now on I won't even do that. I won't force you into anything. I'll do anything to gain your trust" Derek said

"We're sleeping in separate rooms" I tell him

"Same room same bed but I won't come an inch closer to your side. I promise" he said.

"If you so much as move over slightly to my side in your sleep I'm sending you over to the couch." I warn

"Fine I'm up to the challenge" he said cracking his knuckles. I roll my eyes at him and sit down on the couch with my arms folded.

Oh your going to pay Derek I'll make sure of it I think to myself.

You know I can still read your thoughts says Derek in my mind.

"Dammit" I mutter under my breath.

"You know you look really cute when you're angry" Derek said sitting down resting his arm behind my head. I give him a death glare and a slight growl.

"Perrie" calls out Mason coming into the house but stops seeing us on the couch.

"You ready for the meeting" Derek asks Mason

"Meeting?" It's nine freaking thirty at night who holds a meeting at this time.

"We're having an emergency meeting over at the pack house" Derek tells me

'Why?" I ask

"We're going to war with a rival pack" he shrugs like he's talking about the weather.

"War like bullets, bombs and stuff?" I ask

"No war like ripping each other apart with claws and teeth" Derek explains

"Ew" I cringe

"So everything OK between the two of you?" Mason asks both of us.

I reply a "No" while Derek says "Yes" at the same time.

"Glad you're both on the same page" Mason said sarcastically

"Come on we can't hold this off for a minute longer" said Derek getting up "Perrie you go to bed I won't be back till late"

"I wouldn't mind if you ever came back" I say with a fake smile he chuckles at my antics. I just grab the remote and turn it on while they leave. After a few minutes of finding nothing good on TV I direct my attention to all the bags by the stairs. I haul them upstairs and look around for the bedroom. I open a door and I see a massive master bedroom.

"This must be it" I mutter to myself dragging the bags behind me. I open a door which I think is the closet but I gasp seeing the size of it. It's a walk in closet the kind celebrities have looking around I see Derek's entire wardrobe on one side of the closet and the other side empty except for my three clothes that were left at Mason's.

He probably emptied this side our for me. Aww that's so cute. I thought and immediately face palmed myself remembering he could probably still hear my thoughts.

I distract myself by taking out all the clothes and hanging them up. I was too busy annoying Derek that I didn't keep count of the stuff I bought like damn thirteen dresses/outfits, nine different colored printed tshirts, ten packets of plain white tshirts in sets of four, six pairs of jeans, two pairs of sweatpants, three sports bras and three hoodies. I made a mental note to save the receipts so I could pay Derek back. After putting away all the clothes I bought, I snooped around Derek's things. I don't know what I was looking for but it felt nice being around his scent it had a calming effect on me. I tried to open a drawer but it was locked. Bingo I thought it was probably Derek's secret porn stash or souvenirs of the girls he had over now to find the key. I put a finger over my chin and looked around for a suitable hiding spot. Guys generally hide stuff in places that are easy for them to remember I saw a vase on the table in the middle taking out the fake flowers I flipped it over and hell yes a key fell out. Hearing the drawer click open was like music to my ears but as I opened it I realized it wasn't what I expected. The drawer had only one long velvet box the kind for keeping necklaces it had a tag attached to it. I picked up the tag gasping as I read what was written on it.

For my mate.

With shaky hands I opened it and saw the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen. White diamonds surrounded green circle emeralds all across the necklace and in the middle was a big pear shaped green emerald also surrounded by small white diamonds. I ran my fingers over the necklace it was truly beautiful. I slowly closed the box and put it back in the drawer. Locking the drawer I put the key back in its original place and went to the bedroom.

I sat down on the bed leaning my head on the headboard. Old memories flooded back to me I closed my eyes trying to stop them but it was already too late.

You'll never be good enough for anyone to love.

Your father didn't want you. Your mother didn't want you neither will anyone else.

The voices ring in my head I place my hands over my ears as the tears start to flow uncontrollably. I laid down hugging a pillow so I could cry my heart out into it. Not remembering how or what time, I drifted off into sleep.