21

"Oh my god" he gasped kneeling down next to me there was blood on his lips... my blood "What have I done? Perrie I'm so sorry I didn't mean to mark you... I don't know how.."

"That was the mark" I interrupted him. The pain was slowly dissipating and was now slightly bearable.

"Yes. How could I do this to you?" He said running his fingers through his hair "you're going to hate me forever. I'm such an idiot I knew my wolf kept trying to come out but I wasn't careful enough"

"Derek it's OK it doesn't hurt that much now. I'm fine" I told him trying to reassure him

"Fine!" He said in disbelief "This isn't fine Perrie. I wanted to mark you with your permission not like this I'm a monster"

"No you're.... not" I said getting up slightly wincing with the pain.

"You're still hurting!" Derek said in shock "we've got to get you to a doctor I must've have used to much force"

"Derek I'm fine I think it's already healing" I said

"I'm calling Dr. Smith right away" Derek said pulling me towards a couch.

"No you are not" I said trying to stop him by grabbing his phone from his pocket.

"I mindlinked him" he said. Dammit.

Dr. Smith came over five minutes later with a huge bag of medical tools and medicine. You would've thought he came for a major operation.

"Alpha the wound seems to be healing. I don't see anything to worry about" Dr. Smith said after inspecting my mark.

"I tried telling him he wouldn't listen" I explained

"It's not too deep is it?" Asked Derek seeming to not hear either of us.

"Marks made by Alphas tend to be deeper and bigger than normal wolves this is nothing out of the ordinary" Dr. Smith remarked. "I'm giving the Luna some pain killers and if you are interested in any form of contraceptives I suggest to you take them now"

"WHAT!" Derek exclaimed

"Do you want pups right away then?" The doctor asked

"No I'm definitely not ready for pups" I said sitting up in my chair.

"Perrie! Why are we even thinking of pups right now? Our focus should be to get you better. Mating is the last thing on my mind right now" said Derek

"I know but there's nothing wrong with being prepared. I really don't want to get pregnant at this age" I said

"You think I'm going to loose control like I did with the mark" he said looking at me in shock. I shook my head to tell him no but that caused the pain in my neck to start up all over again.

"In all fairness Alpha it's better to be safe than sorry" Dr. Smith said handing me the pills "I suggest you take them immediately"

"What are you insinuating?" Derek growled moving dangerously closer to Dr. Smith.

"Umm thank you Doctor that'll be all" I said coming between them

"Have a goodnight Alpha. Luna" he said before leaving. Seemed weird being called a Luna. I looked at the box of contraceptives so I could check the correct time to take them.

"What are you doing?" Derek said his nostrils fuming.

"I need to know if I can take this now or do I have to wait for my monthly cycle" I shrugged

"Why do you even need to take them? We'll mate when we're ready. When YOU'RE ready" he said trying to snatch them away from me.

"Alright but I don't see the harm in taking them now unless you want to have kids" I asked

"No I don't want kids right now but.." he started to say again but I placed a finger on his lips shutting him up.

"So end of discussion I'll take these pills and we wait till the time is right for both of us." I said.

"I still can't believe I marked you like that" he said shaking his head in frustration

"I don't know. I think it worked out for the best I mean I feel the connection between us is a lot stronger than before and if I had gone into this knowingly I would have worried about the outcome. You know like how with a band aid it's better to take it off in one go" I tried to explain

"A band aid? You're comparing this to a band aid?" He said in disbelief

"You get what I mean" I said nudging him slightly

"I'm just really sorry" he said hanging his head in shame

"I'm not" I said pecking his lips

"Come on let's get you to bed so you can take your medication" he said picking me up bridal style and taking me upstairs

"But I'm not sleepy" I whined

"You're going to sleep whether you like it or not" he ordered placing me lightly on the bed.

"Derek Harriott Jackson" I said holding his arm "did you just refuse to make out with me"

"Take it as you will. Perrie Sophia Adams" he said placing the blanket over me and handing me a glass of water to take the medication with.

"I'm turning off the lights ok" he said.

"Wait" I said "can't we talk for a bit. Just talk"

"Fine what do you want to talk about" he asked leaning on the headboard next to me.

"I don't know tell me about you how did you become Alpha. Tell me Derek's story" I said leaning into his shoulder.

"Okay where do we begin. I became Alpha at eighteen as is the custom on the new moon a new Alpha is taken in. Marie's wedding was the day before so it was a very hectic two three weeks.." I don't remember the rest because I seemed to have dosed off in the middle of the story. Thanks to the strong painkillers I took.