23

"You're coming" I said over the phone.

"No I am not" Dylan said through the phone. I had called him to ask why he wasn't coming over to my ceremony and shocker he said he didn't want to go with his annoying sisters.

"Really Dylan only one is coming with you on the trip" I pointed out. He had told me one sister lived in another pack with her mate and the oldest sister lived in the pack but was pregnant so she couldn't make it.

"Carrie is the worst her screechy annoying voice drives me nuts" he said

"So come in a different car and bring Peter with you" I said straightening out some of the things in the living room.

"Well what's the use your alpha mate won't let us come near you we won't be able to talk or hangout. Whats the fun in that" he reasoned

"Derek is not like that he won't mind me talking or hanging out with you" I said

"OK I'll see but I'm not making any promises" he said. I heard knock on the door and went to see who it is.

"Yeah and don't forget about Peter" I reminded him again I looked outside no one was there "Strange"

"What?" asked Dylan

"Oh sorry! Someone knocked on the door but there's no one here" I said

"Must be the pesky neighborhood kids" he said looking down I saw a letter on the door mat picking it up it just had my name written on it nothing else.

"Alright Dylan I guess I'll see you when you come here" I said

"Yeah nice try" he said

"Yeah you are" I said before hanging up the phone. I put the phone down on the kitchen table and started to open the letter so I could read it.

My dear Perrie

Suddenly the scent of the person who wrote the letter hit me. I wanted to throw away the letter and not read anymore but I couldn't my eyes glued on the words.

I don't know how to begin or explain myself you've probably hated me your entire life and you had every right to. Not being there for you in your time of need doesn't exactly make me contender for father of the year. I can't even blame Jeanine for keeping you away from me the way I handled the whole situation wrong. I really loved Violet and felt she was the only woman I was meant for but I don't know what came over me that day whether it was the fact that I was drunk or extremely attracted to your mother for some reason. I made the mistake. I admit it I cheated on my mate and left soon after not even giving your mother a second glance. I hated myself after Violet forgave me a lot sooner than I forgave myself. I only wish I had come to know about you sooner maybe things would have been different if I had found you at a younger age. I wish I'd  been there for you at all those tough times when you felt alone. I knew I couldn't turn back time but I needed to know what my little girl suffered without me. I went to the city and found your old friend Tina. It took a lot of convincing but she told me everything how you endured after your mother's demise and how that damn kid Nick Levinson made you move away breaking contact with everyone you knew. I'm not sorry but I also tracked the bastard down gave him something he'll always remember. I know I should've been there when it all happened and now it's a little too late but please Perrie all I'm asking is a chance.

Your loving father

Greg

I closed my eyes shut I needed to stop these tears streaming down my face. I couldn't start all over again crying over the father I never had. I didn't need him then and I didn't need him now. Wiping away the tears I scrunched up the letter in my hand and made my way outside.

Where are you? I mindlinked Mason

I'm watching our fighters train in the gym. Why are you asking? He replies I don't answer him just make my way towards the gym.

Opening the door I see the gym is jam packed with guys all of them turn around to look at me. I ignore them and move forward spotting Mason standing just below the ring.

"Perrie!" exclaims Mason "What the hell? What are you doing here?" Mason grabs my arm and pulls me outside.

"What were you thinking going in there Derek will freak when he finds out" he says

"Where is he?" I ask angrily

"Who Derek?" Mason asks

"No your father. WHERE IS HE?" my voice cracks at the end

"He's at home" he said looking at me cluelessly.

"Take me there. NOW!" I demanded

Without a word Mason took me towards his car and drove me to his parents place. As I walked towards the front door Violet and Greg came out to the driveway.

"What's this?" I said holding up the scrunched up letter still in my hand "This is supposed to make up for eighteen years of your absense" I added throwing it to the ground.

"No but it was a start" Greg said cautiously coming near me.

"Don't bother Adams I'm not going to waste shifting on you like last time. You don't even deserve my hate" I sneered Greg winced at my comment.

"I'm not afraid of you Perrie if I was I wouldn't be moving closer to you. I want you to understand me and accept me" he pleaded

"I've made it through so far without you I think I can manage from here" I say

"But I can't especially now I know you're my blood" he said.

"I am nothing to you" I said through gritted teeth.

"Perrie please listen" he said trying to reach my arm. I pulled away and started to walk away.

"If you hate me so much why are you doing the exact same thing I did years ago. Why are you running away?" He said in a final attempt to stop me.

"I AM NOTHING LIKE YOU. GOING TO MY CITY AND OLD SCHOOL DOESN'T MEAN YOU KNOW ME. YOU NEVER DID AND YOU NEVER WILL." I shout on the top of my lungs some of the neighbors come outside to see the whole fiasco for themselves.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there when your mother died and when that kid made your life miserable" he said tears streaming down his face. "I am really. Just give me a chance Perrie please"

I couldn't talk anymore the tears kept on coming and I just couldn't get the words through.

"Please Perrie. Greg has paid dearly for his sins" pleaded Violet "You've already accepted Mason as your brother all is left is for you to accept us"

"Perrie you can't keep this hate inside of you forever" reasoned Mason "Dad is really trying just hear him out"

I shook my head still adamant at my decision. I couldn't let it go in one go it hurt too much.

"I'm a mistake" I said though sobs "and I'll always be that to him. His biggest regret"

"No I don't regret you Perrie not in the least bit. I regret my actions but you.." Greg said " you're my girl"

"You're girl?" I asked shaking my head in disbelief  "No! I need to get out of here" I wanted to run but Greg held onto both of my arm tightly holding me in place.

"Perrie! Look at me" he demanded. I shook my head refusing to look up.

"LOOK AT ME!" he said in a sterner voice my head jolted up meeting his eyes. "Look at your brother then me. Same eyes, same hair, same nose, SAME BLOOD DAMMIT"

"You're just as much mine as he is and I don't care how much you try to deny it I'm going to keep on trying to make you believe me. Whether it takes me days, months or even years. I won't.." his eyes start to tear up again and voice begins to shake "I won't give up on you. Ever"

I collapse to the ground unable to hear anymore Greg kneels down and engulfs me in his arms crying into my head.

"I'm so sorry" he mutters over and over again.

I just sit there in his arms crying my heart out. I couldn't do it anymore I couldn't hate him no matter how hard I tried.