25

"Boys over here" Susan called Eric and John. The barbecue was over but everyone stayed around to help clean up the garden and house. Derek was in his office with Mason attending an important call. I helped clean up the kitchen and then the rest of the house but I have to admit with ten people helping it wasn't much work.

"Derek we're leaving. Where are you?" Xavier called out from the TV room of course he wasn't a part of the cleaning up not even a bit.

"Here" Derek said coming out from his office. Derek's family huddled around him and Xavier ushered me to come too.

"Now I know you want to keep your mate all to yourself" Xavier said placing a hand around my shoulders "but Perrie is a part of this family now whether you like it or not we're here to stay"

I wasn't shocked by Xavier's statement I mean Derek didn't even try to hide his feelings about the barbecue.

"But we are willing to give you the space you two need" added Susan with a huge smile.

"Mom Dad it's not that I don't like you here. I do but I just don't like you guys making decisions for me." Derek said "and for us" pointing towards me and him.

"He gets that from his father always wanting to be the boss" Susan says to me with a sigh "We understand honey we'll be more careful of your feelings from now on"

"You just take care of this fine young lady because you'll be having to answer to me if you don't" said Xavier giving me a side hug. "OK Marie where is that husband of yours gather those pups we're leaving"

"I'm going to have to wash my eyes with chlorine when I go home" Marie says hugging her brother goodbye.

"Serves you right for not knocking then entering" says Derek hugging his sister back.

"We're going too Pear Bear" said Dylan

"Where to?" I asked

"We're going to give the ladies of this pack the midnight moon experience if you know what I mean" he winked high fiving Peter.

"Whatever just be here early morning tomorrow you two and Dakota are my dress team remember" I said. Tomorrow I was dress shopping for the ceremony and I had asked all three for their help.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" said Peter before both left.

My dad and Violet also left a short while later. Dakota stuck around for a while till Mason and Derek finished their on call meeting. It was around eleven at night when Derek and I were finally alone but he was still in his office while I was straightening up the few things that were left behind.

I went to Derek's office and knocked on the door looking inside he was busy signing away some files.

"Still working?" I asked going over to his chair

"Almost done. I just have to sign these so they can be processed tomorrow" he said signing the last few papers "There I'm done"

"There's still one more thing you need to do" I said sitting in his lap and placing my hands around his head.

"And what could that be?" He asked resting his hands on my back.

"Actually it's something I have to do" I said he gave me a quizzical look as to what I could be talking about. I took his hand and placed it above my heart.

"Derek Harriott Jackson" I said looking straight in his eyes "I am totally and utterly in love with you"

Derek stared into my eyes for a good minute before even saying anything.