27

I stirred slightly to the sound of Derek's ringtone but was in no mood to wake up. I had basically no sleep last night and was beyond exhausted. I groaned when the phone started ringing again begrudgingly I opened my eyes we weren't even on the bed but we were laying in the middle of the room with the bed covers wrapped around us. I don't remember how we got there but I do remember what we did and just the thought of it sent tingles down my entire body. Derek was sleeping next to me one of his arm and leg over me. I slightly nudged him and he groaned not wanting to get up either.

"It's your phone" I said my voice sounding hoarse.

"Let it ring" he said snuggling closer into me.

"Asher and Isla are coming here today remember must be about that" I said nudging him again he groaned lifted his head slightly opening his eyes.

"Hey beautiful" he said grinning at me.

"Hey I'm seriously exhausted" I said yawning "what did you do to me last night?"

"Want a reminder" he said nuzzling my neck

"Maybe later but for now pick up that damn phone" I said. Derek reached out for it to pick it up.

"Alpha I've been trying to reach you all morning" it was John

"Yah I was asleep what is it?" Derek asked

"Alpha Asher is only an hour away. I thought you'd want to.." said John over the phone

"I'll be there in twenty minutes" Derek interrupted him "prepare the meeting room and tell everyone in the office to be prepared"

"Yes Alpha" said John before Derek hanged up the phone.

"I take dibs on this bathroom you can go take the upstairs guest bathroom" I said sitting up holding the bedsheet over my body.

"We can take a shower together" suggested Derek trying to pull the bedsheets off of me

"Ha nice try" I said moving away from him "we have to get ready and if we shower together we're never going to get out of this house. I don't know how we're going to do it though I'm too exhausted to even speak"

"It was totally worth it though" he said kissing me on the cheek "come on we'll make a batch of strong coffee. That'll help"

"But I don't like coffee" I whined going into the bathroom. Somehow I managed to shower, get dressed and go downstairs without collapsing from exhaustion. Derek was still upstairs so I prepared the coffee having been a barista I could make great coffee and knew how to make a very strong batch we used to make for college kids. I loved the smell of coffee but the taste was a whole other matter. I sat at the table and rested my head on it as the coffee brewed.

"You put the pot on" said Derek looking over to the pot of brewing coffee.

"Yeah let it brew for another minute or two" I told him. He sat down next to me and leaned back into his chair with I sigh.

I got up to pour the coffee and remembered there were a few pop tarts in the fridge. I got them out and put two in the toaster while they were toasting I poured the coffee into two mugs.

"Do you want milk with yours?" I asked Derek.

"No black is fine" he said. I added milk to mine and took the sugar and the pop tarts with me to the table. The first gulp was always the hardest for me but I could feel the caffeine working so I kept drinking it.

"Hey you guys still haven't had breakfast" Mason said coming in he scrunched his nose in a weird way. He must not like the smell of coffee I thought.

"Isla is coming!" He went on

"I know I'll be with you in a minute" Derek said and with that Mason left he seemed really excited to see Isla.

"Is he always this excited when Isla comes?" I asked

"Everytime" Derek replied

"Poor Dakota having to deal with that" I said "Do you have any exes I need to worry about?" I asked giving him a side glance.

"Nope" he replied to my relief "Do you?"

"Let's see there is this one guy" I teased Derek growled and pulled me by the waist possessively  "I'm kidding. I'm kidding" I laughed as he pulled me into him with force causing our chests to crash into each other.

"MINE!" he growled. I bit my lip oh god angry Derek again. "What?" He asked seeing the distress in my face.

"I have no self control when your angry I want to grab you so you can bang me senseless" I said with a huff.

"Really?" He asks in disbelief

"Remember when you shifted after I didn't talk to you for three days" I remind him.

"And I thought you were starting to like me but you were just lusting over me like some object" he says pretending to be offended.

"Don't say you have never "lusted" over me?" I challenge

"Everyday since I saw you for the first time" he admits "and especially now" he tries to pull me in but I smack his hands away.

"Mason is waiting" I say getting up

"He's an idiot they're coming here. Isla wants wants meet you first." He said

"MASON ADAMS YOU COME IN THIS INSTANT" I hear Dakota screaming outside.

"I better go out there" I tell Derek

"I'm coming too this should be fun to watch" he said following me.

"I don't get what is your problem" Mason says

"My problem is you're standing out her waiting for your ex" seethes Dakota.

"She was my best friend before that and still is" reasons Mason.

"Guys stop!" I yell "they're going to be here any minute"

"Mason come on bro" said Derek "you know Asher doesn't like it either when you hang around Isla for too long"

"But she's just a friend. I don't see her the same way you understand don't you" Mason said

"I do so does Dakota but it's in her nature to possessive of her mate. Right Dakota" Derek reasons

"I just got a mindlink from John. They'll be here in five minutes!" exclaims Mason he was utterly hopeless. I went over to Dakota and put an arm over her shoulders to reassure her.

Me on the other hand I couldn't wait to meet Isla. After all there must be something about her that has gotten everyone so excited.