14

Going into the bedroom I told Derek to close the door to which he obliged but seemed wary of my actions. Pulling him over to the bed I placed my hands on his shoulders pressing down on them slightly motioning him to sit on the bed. Derek looks at me with a baffled expression but does as I say nonetheless. My hands still on his shoulders I push him back to lay him down on the bed.

"Perrie what are you doing?" He asks searching for an answer in my eyes. I just place a finger over his lips and lay him down. Resting my knees on the edge of the bed and placing my hands next to his head I box Derek in with my body.

"Derek" I say his name in my best sultry voice "if you think you're going to be biting my neck and claiming me as yours then your out of your f#$king mind"

"Get that. Alpha" I say through gritted teeth getting my point across loud and clear. Derek let's out a sigh and shakes his head at me. With one swift move he flips us over so now I'm below him while he's hovering above me. I try to move away but he holds me in place by grabbing my arms and holding them down by my head.

"I already told you sweetheart I wasn't going to force you but let me give you a little lesson about Alphas." He said his eyes turning dark. That can't be good I thought

"They. Don't. Like. To. Be. Bossed. Around" he said adding emphasis to everyword. "Especially my wolf so honey refrain from ever doing that again"

He let go of my arms but remained on top of me looking at me intently. I returned the gaze with equal anger I wasn't scared of him well maybe my wolf was but screw her.

"You're still not marking me" I said crossing my arms "I'm not something you own so you can place a property of Derek sticker on me"

"The mark isn't to show people you are my property it's for our wolves to fully connect to each other. It the first two steps to finalizing the mating process kind of like wedding rings being exchanged during the marriage ceremony" he explains

"But I don't get to mark you seems sexist" I say narrowing my eyes at him

"You can if you want to I'm up for it" he says with a shrug

"Ew! No get off me" I slap his stomach but he doesn't move an inch.

"I hope it's understood you'll never undermine my authority ever again" he warns. I get up so I'm a few centimeters away from his face.

"Oh honey you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into" I tell him tracing my fingers along his jaw leaning close to his ear I whisper "I'm a nightmare"

"If this is a nightmare this is the most beautiful nightmare I've ever been in" he says in a husky voice. I let out a yelp as he flips us over once again so I'm now sitting on his stomach while he's lying down underneath me.

"I bet you I can make you fall in love with me in  two weeks" he says placing his hands behind his head and resting on them.

"And if you fail?" I ask

"Whatever you want just ask for it" he says sitting up so I'm now straddling him.

"Fine. Deal" I say placing my arms around his neck

"You're falling for me already" he says with a smirk

"Ha you wish" I say getting up. I was wearing a short dress so straddling him began to feel a little too intimate.

"Piece of advice never underestimate me" I tell him walking towards the closet

"Could say the same to you" he calls out after me.

"Don't you have a war to prepare for?" I ask once I've worn my pj's and preparing myself for bed.

"Nope. I've postponed attacking them for a few weeks" replies Derek

"What for?" I ask

"Well we were still trying to figure out why Lionel, the alpha of the pack that we're going to war with, sent men to spy on us. His men wouldn't talk we really had no clue why he did it" explained Derek "this afternoon I get a call from Asher he's"

"Isla's mate and Alpha of the midnight moon pack" I interrupt him.

"So you know him" Derek says I just nod as to say yes "well he called and said he might have found some evidence against Lionel and not only has he been messing with my pack but Asher's too"

"So what are you two planning on doing?" I ask

"Asher wants to come over here to discuss it face to face but he can't come for at least two weeks so till then we wait" he shrugs

"What if what's his name Lionel attacks first?" I ask the obvious

"Lionel isn't that stupid he's three states away I would know well in advance if he tried to start the war plus on my home turf he doesn't stand a chance" Derek said smugly.

"OK whatever" I say "move over to your side"

"Tell me something about you?" He asks moving over

"What about me?" I say fluffing my pillow

"I don't know let's see what's your favorite color?" He asks

"Changes with my mood right now I'm really into dark purple you?" I ask back

"Blue alright then what kind of food do you like?" He asks

"Umm I think pizza and ice cream is like my top favorites. Your turn" I said

"I like pizza. Any form of Italian food I'm up for. What do you hate the most?" He asks

"Besides you" I tease he rolls his eyes "in food I hate turnips, in colors neon colors are the worst and in people I hate snobbish people can't stand them"

"Wow that's a long list" he laughs "how old are you?"

"Eighteen" I answer

"Im twenty two" he said "do you have friends back home?"

The question feels like a punch to my gut. Yeah I had friends but I stopped seeing them all together because they were connected to him the guy I don't even like to think about. I left everything because of him my friends, my home even my city.

"Umm I feel kind of sleepy do you mind turning off the light" I tell him trying to avoid the question.

"Yeah sure" he replies sensing my discomfort.

I put my head on the pillow and turn my head away from him so I'm not facing him. I hate to admit it but I'm really starting to like this guy.