// i like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful, yet so unaware of it//

The next morning, I was woken by a burst of sharp knocks at my door. My body's in perfect synch and always wakes at 6:00 am, but I considered I was off-track due to jet lag and the show last night. I groaned and looked at my alarm clock. It was 7:30. Late for me, but too early for anyone I knew to be here.

Ignoring the obviously lost person who was banging on my door, I slid out of bed and put on my thick-framed cat-eye glasses before throwing my long hair into a messy bun. I stuck a K-Cup in my machine and was eager with anticipation of my morning ritual: Coffee, check phone, brush teeth, shower, makeup, hair.

Except the obviously lost person continued their banging, and I couldn't ignore them anymore. I huffed toward the door and opened it before remembering I was wearing only panties and an oversized Rolling Stones shirt.

There stood George, with two white paper bags and a smile from ear to ear, the sun beaming off his face in all the right places.

"Good morning," he said, his deep and melodic.

"Hi," I managed to say.

He looked down at my legs and smirked.

"Did you just wake up?" he asked.

"Maybe," I said, returning his playful stare.

"Are you going to let me in?"

I opened the door for him and he strolled in, walking into the kitchen before sitting the bags on the table. He arranged two coffees and two pasteries, both at chairs comfortably close together. George motioned for me to sit down, and I did, not bothering to put on any additional clothes.

He couldn't see much, but I caught him lingering at my backside as I walked past him and sat down.

"Nice," he muttered to himself, taking a big bite.

Joy stretched at my lips as I downed my coffee.

"What are you doing here so early?" I inquired.

George was never an early bird. When he were kids, his mum used to practically drag his lanky ass out of bed.

He shrugged. "Just wanted to hang out with you."

I fluttered my lashes at him and joined him in eating, my bare leg resting comfortably against his. It took me a while to realize I might have been making George a little uneasy, and I moved my leg away from his.

"Aww, aren't you just a sweetie pie?" I teased him, bopping my finger against his nose.

George's face flushed as I pinched his cheek. He rolled his eyes in protest, but seemed to be enjoying it.

"Did you have a late night?" I asked him.

Translation: Did you fuck any of your groupies?

George nodded. "Oh, hell yes. I don't even know what time I went to bed. I just woke early and wanted to see you."

I looked down at the table and fiddled with the fabric of my shirt, letting out a little yawn.

"Well, I don't mind seeing you," I admitted.

George slurped his coffee and crossed one arm over his chest, clenching his opposite bicep in his hand. Drumming so much has sure toned his arms.

"So, you met Hann and Matty?" he asked.

I saw Hann. I nearly fucked Matty. Naturally, I couldn't tell George that.

"Yeah," I told him. "They seem awesome. Hann is kinda shy. Matty, on the other hand...." I trailed off.