//tell me how does it feel//

{Please play "Proud" by Drake and Miss Minaj, "This is What Makes Us Girls" by LDR, as well as "Blue Monday by New Order. Happy reading!!!!}

{George's POV}

Claire: Why does your Facebook relationship status say "single"?!

George: Yeah, about that....

Claire rang me before I could type a follow-up text, explaining my breakup with Noelle. Claire always loved to talk on the phone, whereas I much preferred to text. We usually ended up talking on the phone.

I'd just accepted it as such.

I groaned and rolled around in my bed, my body feverish and feeling drained. We'd been recording nonstop, and that along with the constant consumption of alcohol had weakened my immune system.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"Hey," Claire said, her voice soft, whispering, not wanting to wake a sleeping Matty.

It was 7:00 am.

I heard shuffling around, probably her slipping her perfect body into a robe or into one of Matty's button-downs.

"You and Noelle broke up? And you didn't think your best friend should be privvy to this information?" Claire sassed me.

"It's seven in the morning, Claire," I groaned once more, finally sitting up in bed and feeling light-headed.

Noelle was the last thing I wanted to think about right now. I needed an IV drip of coffee and Day-Quil.

"Exactly, wake your big ass up!" she sassed me.

I ran my fingers through my hair and stretched my arms out in a yawn, my throat tightening as I did so. Ugh. I felt like shit.

"Can we have this conversation later?" I asked her.

She sighed, her velvety voice curling into my ear through the speaker.

I loved the soft little sounds she made.

"What's wrong with your voice?" she asked, clanking and keys jingling in the background.

The wood floors of my apartment were like ice as I stepped into the bathroom to take a piss, holding the phone in the crook of my neck as I explained to her that I wasn't feeling well, and wanted to go back to sleep before the boys and I had to be in the studio in a few hours.

When I didn't hear a response, I realized she'd hung up so I wandered out of the bathroom, shivering in my Calvin Kleins, lusting after my king-sized bed that was beckoning my name.

"Danes," I heard Claire's voice.

She was standing in my living room, wearing the standard uniform that she had been sporting lately: leggings, Steve Madden boots, and a big grey sweater. She was sans makeup and still flawless.

Her hazel eyes were lingering a little too long on my legs, my torso, and I'm pretty sure at my package.

"Good morning," I said, yawning once more.

Claire walked up to me and took my face in her hands.

"George, what the hell is going on?" she demanded, reaching to her tip-toes and feeling my forehead with the back of her wrist. "Why did you and Noelle break up? Also, you have a fever, you look so ill."

I took her wrist in my fingers and moved it away from my forehead, kissing the top of her hair.

"I'll be fine, but can I explain this in bed because I literally feel like I might fall over," I pleaded with her.