//we made it out to the other side//

I apologize if the layout is wonky, wattpad is being weird. Anyways, enjoy this chapter and also this BLESSING of a gif of G.

{Yay! All LDR today, friends. "West Coast", "High By The Beach", and "Cola". All bow down to Queen Lana!}

{George's POV}

Claire was all-smiles as we drove throughout the dense traffic of Los Angeles, my legs crammed in her car. It was a tiny pale yellow Beetle convertible, and I felt like I was inside of an Easter egg. Her hair was flying around in the wind, soft dark tresses whacking me in the face every now and then as she smiled and sang along to the radio.

I loved touring, and was so humbled when all these people sang along to the tunes the boys and I had worked so hard at the past ten years, but I was so happy to have a few days off. A few days with her.

"It's so weird driving places," Claire said, her eyes hidden by her big cat-eye sunglasses. "I missed my car."

I gazed at her legs as the sun was kissing them, and shook my head when I noticed she was driving with her legs crossed.

"Your car looks like an Easter egg," I chuckled to her.

She stuck her tongue out and slapped me on the thigh, leaving her hand there, like it had nowhere else to go.

"Fuck you, hater," Claire joked, the wind carrying her voice.

I stretched my long limbs out in a wingspan, draping my arm around her as she drove down the freeway. From beneath her sunglasses, her eyes met mine and I raised a brow.

"Well, if you want to," I grinned.

Claire's face was so pretty as she blushed, and bit her soft full bottom lip, returning her gaze to the road. I put my hand over hers and she laced her fingers into mine for a moment before she put it back on the wheel nervously.

"Turn this crap," Claire groaned, as Pitbull was playing on the radio.

She handed me her phone to plug the aux in to the stereo of her Easter egg car, and I fumbled around, settling on "Sleepyhead" by Passion Pit.

"Whoop!" Claire shrieked before whipping her hair around and dancing around in the driver's seat to the tunes.

I bobbed my head and played air-keyboard as we sang along to the lyrics, Claire screaching her voice as loud as possible with the "aah-ahh-ahh-ahh-sleepy-head".

Knowing I would want to relive this moment, this goofy, heart-lifting moment, I recorded it on my phone and added it to social media. I giggled to myself when I knew Claire was going to (attempt to) beat my ass for embarrassing her, but I didn't care. She was so damn cute.

=

Claire had dragged me to some outrgeously expensive baby boutique, but I didn't mind. I would roll around in trash and razorblades with her if that's what she wanted to do.

Plus it was nice to stretch my legs after they'd been cramped in her life-sized Barbie car.

My best friend was holding up an intricate onesie with ivory and beaded ruffles at the skirt, and another one matching it, only in black.

"Omigod," she mumbled to herself, oohing over the cuteness.

I giggled at her, watching her every precious move. The way her eyes looked more green than brown outside, how cute her face looked when she was frustrated her sunglasses got tangled in her hair, how she blabbed and blabbed about how she couldn't wait to steal Ross and Tinsley's twins when they wanted a night-off.