// I Gotta Give It To You//

{I'm totally stuck on a playlist for this one. Any suggestions are welcome. Happy reading, sorry if it's crappy and unedited. LOVE!!!}

Matty's POV.

My soul was still afire from last night, the images of Claire's face was I took her places she had never been flashing in my brain. The band and I were rehearsing for a show we had in a few days, but all I heard were the sounds that left her mouth as I made her came.

One day without seeing her was a day too long.

She had agreed to let me take her for coffee, and I gathered from the tone of her voice that she was a cluster of emotions. Hesitant. Nervous. Excited.

George had tied his hair back in a tiny pony tail and thrown his shirt off, wailing his arms and sweating everywhere. Ross was smiling, ear-to-ear, and doing that weird thing he does where it looks like he's fucking his bass. Adam was quiet, but that wasn't anything unusual.

What was unusual is that Adam wasn't communicating in his usual half-smiles and head nods to Ross. Something was off between them.

We finished up the last song of our rehearsal and George lit a blunt for us to pass around.

"It's hot as fuck in here," George said, throwing himself to the couch in our rehearsal room.

"That's just me, mate," I replied, resting myself on the arm of the couch.

Our rehearsal room was a god-send. Technically, it was a third bedroom, but it was spacious enough to hold George's drumset, our amps and equipment, and all six of my various guitars, without George's giant limbs being cramped.

"Did I tell you one of your girls came into the store and bought a Mac? She was trying to hint around to get information about you." George informed me.

George worked at a computer store super-chain. It was hilariously boring, but he didn't seem to mind it and he was good with electronics. He didn't necessarily need to work, but chose not to live off his parents' money. I had done the same.

"Who?" I asked. "Nevermind, I don't really care."

I didn't honestly, and felt kind of bad she was apparently weirding George out.

Ross hit the blunt nonchalantly and Adam glared at him hatefully. Adam was never hateful, even to people he hated.

"Hot, dark hair, mermaid tattoo. I forgot her name," George said.

The smoke nourished my lungs after I took it from Ross. "I did too," I admitted.

Mermaid tattoo and I had slept together a few months ago. I left the club with her after a show. She was hot, but couldn't keep my interest if her clothes were on.

"What's wrong Healy?" George asked. "Not interested?"

I passed the blunt to him and shook my head. "No. You'll always be my champion, George. I love you."

George let out a laugh and part of it got caught in his throat.

"I'm dipping out," Adam said, slapping hands with each of us respectively. "See you guys tonight."

"Yeah, mate," I said.

Adam nodded once at Ross, and Ross returned the nod.

I furrowed my brows at their interactions, and Adam left. Ross was texting someone frantically on his phone, a goofy grin on his face. George was finishing up the blunt and had put Drake on, nodding his heat to the beat and enjoying the chemical effects of the weed.