// but I won't quit, 'cause I want more //

{This part is extremely long, and kinda fluffy. I wanted some more interactions with my characters, and to leave space for certain opportunities to be presented and things to unfold. Hope you enjoy, sorry if it's dreadfully long! Also this is unedited so I apologize for any mistakes or wtf moments.  Please enjoy this gif of Gorgeous George. THAT SMILE THO. XOXO}

{Play "Marvin's Room" by Drake, "Brooklyn Baby" by Lana Del Rey and "My Body" Young The Giant}

G's POV

The band and I had practice tonight, and a few gigs coming up. At this moment, I was driving around town in my car, the sky all dark and lonesome. It seemed fitting.

The breeze was cool as I rolled Pearl's windows down and exhaled the smoke from the blunt I was hitting. I needed to relax, I was still so queasy about everything. What got me majorly is when I realized that both Hann and Ross knew about Matty and Claire. I understood, though. It wasn't their place to say anything. I just felt like an idiot, obsessing over this girl who was caught in my best friend's web.

My only consolation was that someday, maybe things would turn out to be okay. After Matty broke her heart or she broke his, Claire and I would go back to cross-eyed selfies and eating dessert. I'd make her laugh all over again, and she'd make me breakfast.

Matty could at least leave those bits of her for me, and me only.

The house was oddly empty without typical Matty Healy sounds: him shuffling around in his room, him making tea, him smoking and writing, singing to himself in his room while he perfected song drafts on his guitar or keyboard.

I missed my mate. He had been by my side since we were kids, babbling about life and love and everything. I called him on his bullshit for years, there was no sense in stopping now.

Granted, I was still completely, utterly pissed off at him. I wasn't a voilent person, but the thought of him and Claire together brought out something in me that I didn't even know was there. A jealous, sick, beast.

I never wanted to see that again.

Maybe he was in love with her. Maybe she was in love with him.

But I knew it would end, in one of two ways.

End 1: Claire realizes she is smart and gifted and beautiful and going places in her life and leaves Matty and his pretentious antics behind.

End 2: Matty fucks up. Big Time. Claire is heartbroken. I am left hurt as well.

Noelle was sucking me fucking dry. I had just left her house for the fourth time this week. Every moment where I wasn't working, there she was, texting, calling, showing up. I hadn't spoken a word to her about Matty and Claire, because then I'd have to explain why he moved out. I'd have to explain why I beat him senseless, and that wasn't exactly justifiable to your "girlfriend".

Noelle was starting to leave clothes behind, a bag of her makeup and hygiene crap. She didn't take the hint when I reminded her to get it in the morning.

I had no idea what I was doing.

Just wasting time, I suppose.

I'm just saying, Claire could do better.

Not sure if it was the weed, but I laughed, out loud to myself, alone in my car. I wondered if Claire had told Matty about the time we almost fucked. The look on his face was going to be priceless when he found out. He'd be sobbing into his wine bottle and hitting keys on his piano laxadaisically, writing song after song for her.