// she asked me if i do this every day, i said "often" //

Friend? Do friends cuddle like that? Maybe I was making a mountain out of a mole hill. Maybe Chelsea was right; I just needed to get laid. Here I was obsessing over both George and Matty, when I shouldn't even seriously consider being with either of them.

Part of me was glad George had gone, I needed time to myself. My worries washed away, quite literally, as I showered. I scrubbed my body, lathered and conditioned my hair, and shaved all the necessary parts.

Deciding I should pick up an outfit for this no-doubtedly awkward party at George's tonight, I headed to a cute little boutique and picked out a pair of adorable jean shorts that barely covered my booty and a white lace crop top with a sweetheart neckline and long sleeves. If I was going to fuck anyone tonight, this would let them know.

Back at my apartment, I tossed the bags onto the kitchen table and sat in the chair, forcing myself to crunch on the salad I had bought. I was already wrecked with nerves, and scrolling through Matty's and Geroge's Facebooks didn't help. A plethora of questions came to my head.

One: Can anything get cuter than George Daniel in a hat?

That one was answered quickly when I saw George in a hat, WITH his dog.

Two: Who the fuck is Noelle and WHY is she sitting in George's lap in this picture?

Three: Matty, how does one possibly make girls giddy simply by watching you smoke a cigarette?

Four: Why do you look so good in black and white stills, you pretentious little shit?

Five: What kind of shampoo do you use, because seriously your hair is goals.

I sighed and forced my laptop shut. Maybe there would be a lot of people at this party. Maybe I could make friends. Maybe I didn't need to get laid, maybe I was just lonely. I missed Chelsea and her big mouth. She would know what to do.

I had rearranged my desk four times before I was satisfied. It killed enough time, though. After adding some curls to my long nearly-black hair, I tossed it down over my shoulders and it nearly reached the small of my back. I was happy every time I did my hair this way- never decide to get a bob if you aren't completely committed.

My make-up was done, after a few nude shadows, a bold cat-eye, and some matte fuschia lips. I was ready; if ableit physically.

The noise from their party could be heard down the street. There were cars everywhere, but not even enough to justify the amount of noise. I tapped on the door and waited, breathing in and out anxiously. It took a few more tries, but someone finally answered.

Cheekbones.

"Oh, hey," he said, a beer bottle in his hand.

His face was sweet, and I had a feeling his personality was too.

"Hi, I'm Claire," I introduced myself, officially.

He eyed me uncomfortably, but friendly enough. I'm glad he was as nervous as I.

"Adam. Or Hann, whichever. Come in," he said, motioning for me to enter.

I followed him into the party. Sonic Youth was blaring, and it smelled like booze and weed. No surprise there.

"Is my buddy here?" I asked.

Adam's face twisted awkwardly.

"Erm...which one?" he asked.

My teeth clenched, although I couldn't blame him. He had seen Matty and I dry-humping.

"Sorry, I'm not trying to be awful or anything....erm, George?" he asked.