// keep your voice low, stop looking at my friends//

Hey everyone! This part is short, but I wanted to separate it from the next one. Please enjoy this nastiness, which I will never apologize for. Also enjoy this gif from Robbers. Maybe pretend it's a Fun Dip instead of cocaine. Golly, his fingers are so lovely. Anyhoo.

{Please play "Video Games" by Lana Del Rey and "Head.Cars.Bending" by your favorite band The 1975.}

{Matty's POV}

It was nearly nine, and I had showered and changed into one of my eleven pairs of black jeans and thrown on a black button-down, the sleeves rolled crisply to my elbows. The sounds of the video games I was playing beeped and banged as I hyped myself up for the game, and my date with Claire.

Two sets of shoes were heard outside as they came up the stairs, tiny little shuffles and big clanks. George must be with her. Claire jingled her keys and entered our apartmet, her face stretching out in a smile when she saw me. George was behind her, and the two were in the midst of a heated debate about which white rapper was the greatest.

"It's the Beastie Boys all the way, George," Claire said, throwing her keys onto the little desk by the window.

George scoffed. "They're good. I'll give you that. But Eminem is a fucking monster," George disagreed.

Claire rolled her eyes. "He is the most overrated artist of all time. I can't even deal. His annoying voice, and his rhymes don't even make sense!"

George groaned and covered his face with his snap-back hat.

"You're ridiculous sometimes," he mumbled into the fabric of his hat.

Claire smiled and moved his hat back onto his head, adjusting it then winking at him. "You love me regardless," she said.

I paused my game.

"Hey, mate," George noded my direction.

I stood and fist-bumped my best pal, then reached for my girl, pulling her close to me and taking her lips in mine.

"Hi, babe," she said, throwing her arms around my neck.

She was looking cute tonight, as usual. Her hair was down and in its natural waves, and she was wearing jeans that hugged her hips and an off-white cashmere sweater, a perfect girl-next-door outfit for her dinner with she and George's parents.

"Did you guys have fun?" I asked them.

George chuckled a little, and Claire bit her lip.

"Yeah," she said, pecking my cheek.

George flopped down on the couch. "Just usual boring stuff."

Claire nodded her pretty head profusely. "I'm going to get changed. The movie's in an hour, we better hurry."

She kissed me once more on the cusp of my jaw and scurried into our bedroom.

George had grabbed the other game controller and was ready to join me in blasting away the bad guys. He always joked that I was the one who always had to win, but in reality, he was just as eager and determined.

In the midst of cursing each other out and frantically moving our fingers on the controllers, I pried for answers about Claire's parents. George had mumbled that Claire's Dad, like his, was a lawyer, and her mother was his secretary. Claire's Dad was quite straight-laced, a moderate Democrat, liked Scotch, and American football. Claire's mum was a little on the wild-side back in her college days with his mum, but had settled down when she had Claire. She had given Claire her love for Virginia Woolf novels and sweets.