Chapter Two- Somewhere Beautiful

It’s very beautiful over there.

-          Thomas Edison

John
Sherlock and I rung the bell at the front desk, and a smartly dressed attendant arrived, and asked us in French; “Comment puis-je vous aider?” I didn’t know quite how to respond to this- I hadn’t learnt any French except for your average high school stuff. (How can I help you?)

“Bonjour, J'ai une suite réservée à Watson-Holmes,” came Sherlock’s fluent reply. The assistant checked up our details on the computer and I whispered to Sherlock in surprise; “You speak French?!” (Hello, I have a suite reserved for Watson-Holmes.)

“Obviously,” he said, smugly. I should have known… There’s almost no way Sherlock Holmes… Well, Sherlock Watson-Holmes, now, would go anywhere in the world without being able to out-babble the locals in their own language. He showed the woman the booking details, and she disappeared, coming back a few seconds later with a key-card.

“Voici votre clé carte. S'il vous plaît profiter de votre séjour,” the woman smiled, and Sherlock nodded at her in thanks, before we started to wheel our luggage to an elevator. (Here is your key-card, please enjoy your stay.)

“So when did you learn French?” I asked him, curiously.

“Oh, I originally intended to just learn the basics for when I last came here… Long story short, I didn’t want to leave my knowledge incomplete. It’s a fairly easy language to learn once you get the hang of it,” he smiled as he pressed the buttons to get to our floor.

“What on Earth would I do without you?” I murmured, and he replied in a seductive, low voice.

“I don’t know… But I’d be lost without my blogger,” Just as our lips were about to meet, the elevator doors opened to reveal a group of elderly people waiting to get in. I cleared my throat awkwardly and Sherlock tried to look nonchalant, bidding them a good day in French, but as soon as we’d got past them, we burst out giggling.

“Okay… Awkward,” I laughed, not meaning that I was ashamed or anything because quite frankly I didn’t give a shit what people thought, but simply because the elevator doors had just had to open at that moment.

Sherlock started to imitate the mumbles of the crowd who had greeted us under his breath, and I nudged him playfully. “Stop it, you’ll get us into trouble,” unable to stop chuckling, he nudged me back.

“I asked you if you wanted to see some more- you agreed, so look- trouble! You should be grateful,” he announced coyly. “Ah- here it is,” he mumbled as we got to our room, and swiped the key in the lock of the door. It swung open, to reveal a luxurious looking living room- dragging my suitcase behind me and gazing in awe at the amazing room Sherlock had provided us with, I said; “Yes, you do make a point…”

He took my case and his and wheeled them into what appeared to be the bedroom.

“So you like it?” He strolled back slowly, and then brushed both his hands against my own, before taking one and kissing it gently, giving me chills.

“Yes- I love it,” I told him, and then he started to lead me to the curtains, which he pulled backwards to reveal doors leading out onto a balcony. Light flooded through as we walked out onto it, causing the curtains to flap behind us. We could see the skyline from here, and had a fantastic view of the street below.

“I still can’t believe that all of this is really happening…” I trailed off, interrupted by Sherlock’s deep kiss.

“How about now?” his extraordinary eyes seemed to search through mine.