Chapter Eighteen- I Challenge You to a Face Battle

A man travels the world in search of what he needs and goes home to find it.

- George Moore

A/N- Sorry about the long wait, my internet keeps playing up... BUT GUYS SERIES 3. IT'S TODAY. NUGGHHHHHH I CAN'T. o.O

Sherlock

“Sherlock!” I was woken up by a gentle shake of the shoulders. “Sherlock, we’re leaving- you need to get up!”

“Ugh…” I pulled the duvet back over my face. “Five more minutes,” I snaked an arm around John’s waist and pulled him down.

“Sorry, love, but we need to go now,” he heaved me up into a sitting position. I rubbed my eyes and looked him up and down- he was already completely dressed, showered, groomed, etc…

“You’re wearing clothes. Why are you wearing clothes?” I furrowed my eyebrows. John sighed and ruffled my hair.

“I woke up before you,” he laughed.

“You showered, too,” I noted.

“Yeah, and you won’t be able to if you don’t get up- we’ve got to check out in twenty minutes. Sorry, I should have woken you up. I’ve already taken care of the… Um, ‘bedding fees’.”

“Oh… Thank you,” I smiled, and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back for a minute, burying his face into the crook of my neck.

“It’s the least I could do. Now come on, up you get,” he started to help me up, and with the sheet draped around me, I made my way to the bathroom.

After I’d showered, I changed into the clothes John had left out for me- there was my usual suit, but instead of my normal leather shoes, there sat the converse. Of course.

“People are going to start thinking I’m dressing up as the tenth Doctor all the time,” I said to John once I’d emerged from the bathroom in all my converse glory, running a towel through my hair.

“Is that a bad thing?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Nah!” (A/N- See what I did there? ;)) John giggled into my chest for a moment, before taking one last glance around the suite. “I do hope we can come back here someday.”

“Of course we can,” I put my towel back on the radiator. “Though probably not back to the same hotel…” My blogger raised an eyebrow. “I doubt we’ll be allowed, given what happened to the mattress…”

“It’s a honeymoon suite, what did they expect?!” he sighed. “But I think I might agree with you there- they seemed a bit pissed when I tried to explain…”

“You actually had to tell them.”

“The excuses were pretty transparent.”

“I suppose all excuses are,” I smirked. “Still, that must have been embarrassing.”

“You don’t say,” he mumbled.

“I’ll see to them next time.”

“Next time? Do we now run a mattress wreckage business?”

“Don’t we?” I asked sarcastically, then dug my phone out of my pocket. “We’re still on with Greg and Molly- they’re picking us up from Heathrow at seven.”

“Oh, God…” John muttered, clearly dreading the innuendo package Lestrade would arrive with.

“Don’t worry, love- I’m sure we’ll be supplied with quite enough ammunition to fire back at them.”