Chapter Ten- Watson-Holmes, Watson, and The Woman

And ruin’d love when built anew, grows fairer than at first, more strong, far greater.

-          William Shakespeare

A/N- So this chapter is pretty much Harrene (Harry/Irene), a bit of Lestrolly and Johnlock fluff, and them sassing eachother and having another slumber party- it’s kind of a filler, because I wanted to experiment with their friendship and stuff. Enjoy.

Sherlock
Throughout the time John was asleep, I became Greg’s proposal coach, assisting him for longer than I had been working on the case. I felt tired, but the weather was still battling with the glass, and I saw no point of sleeping now.

Eventually, Lestrade decided to put down his phone and do it- I was very happy for them, and glad that they had finally found eachother- I was also looking forwards to tormenting them slightly about the 12 o’clock rule when the times were appropriate.

My husband woke up to find me smirking about this thought, and we wriggled up into a sitting position on the sofa.

“What’re you so happy about?” John asked groggily.

“Oh… Almost everything, actually,” I smiled down at him and kissed his forehead. “Sleep well?”

He shrugged. “Yeah, I guess. How’s Greg doing?”

“He’s about as bad as I was.”

“That’s a good sign, then,” John’s arms tightened around me, causing more warmth to radiate between the two of us. He then turned to the window and sighed. “Well, at least I’m stuck inside with you.”

“Which isn’t at all a bad thing…” I grinned at him.

“You’re not wrong there.”

We spent the rest of the afternoon watching some of the Harry Potter films I’d brought with us- I’d promised myself not to watch the films until I’d read the books, so it was fantastic to finally get to watch them- I decided that I loved both the page and the screen equally.

We stopped at the end of the third movie, resolving to watch more tomorrow if the weather was still this bad, and relaxed back on the couch- just on the brink of a kiss, John’s comforting arms secure around me, when a familiar moan drifted up from the coffee table. I sighed.

“You really should change that…” John chuckled as I slid off his lap to pick the damn thing up. “People might get the wrong idea.”

“What kind of ideas?” I raised an eyebrow.

“What sort of ideas would you get if a random person’s phone made this noise in public,” he rolled his eyes and imitated the sound the phone made- I smirked.

“Can that be my message alert?”

“No, Sherlock.”

I unlocked my phone and checked the message I’d received;

Open the bloody door, Sherlock. – IA

Eyes flickering around the room, I approached the door slowly and turned the handle. The sight I was greeted by surprised me slightly, because not only was there Irene outside, but Harry too- both soaked to the bone.

“Bloody hell,” John walked up to the door and stood behind me.

“You’ve been watching Harry Potter, haven’t you?” Harry raised an eyebrow and smirked, shivering with Irene’s arm around her.

“We’ve been out here for ten minutes,” Irene said through chattering teeth.

“Sorry… We didn’t hear you knock… We were preoccupied…” John mumbled.