Chapter Six- Are You Feeling Exposed?

I’m not dead. Let’s have dinner.

-          Irene Adler

A/N- Even the plot twists have plot twists.

If you dislike this character combination or the ships, or the Superwholock, please don't hate or anything like that- I have good reasons for writing this in, I promise- it's not just a random decision and it will become clearer soon. And sorry if I wrote some of the SPN characters badly, I've only seen a couple of episodes myself.

Sherlock

“So you finally got married?” Irene asked as we left the train at Saint-Michel. John was glancing from her to me in disbelief, mouth wide open in shock. I too was rather speechless at that moment.

“Why are you here, Irene?” I finally asked, trying to keep my voice steady. I really hoped that John didn't think I’d ever have feelings for her- I hadn't loved her, despite what he’d thought during the time she was with us.

She smirked. “Nice to see you too.”

“Yeah- Just out of curiosity, how many other people I should know about have faked their own deaths lately?” John finally spat out a question, then said in a fearful whisper; “He’s not… Is he?”

“Moriarty?” Her voice dropped, as if she too was afraid of the name now. “No, no… He’s dead- that’s certain.”

John and I breathed a sigh of relief, though he was still very tense and shocked.

“I wouldn’t sound so happy about that,” Adler mumbled.

“What do you mean?” I narrowed my eyes.

“I’ll tell you later…”

“And, just to repeat Sherlock’s question- what the hell are you doing here?” My husband asked. I sincerely hoped the answer wasn’t going to affect us in any negative way- I was beginning to feel extremely concerned about what John would think when he found out that I helped her escape death.

“The same thing as you- I’m here with my partner,” She said. Thank God she had one- a block of tension lifted off my shoulders.

“Does your partner know you’re supposed to be dead?”

“John, I can assure you, I am no longer-”

“Look, I don’t know what you’re playing at but for crying out loud, Irene-”

“John,” I placed a hand on his, trying to calm him down, hardly able to stop myself from feeling rather enraged with Irene for just showing up in an ambush out of the blue when, for God’s sake, I was finally happy with John and nobody was trying to get between us for once. Still, I tried to keep myself together. “It’s okay.”

“No, it’s not! It’s not okay!”

“John, please…” I closed my eyes for a second, feeling slightly ashamed as we exited into the evening air. The rain had been reduced to light droplets again.

“Look”- Irene interjected, stepping in front of us both. “I’m not here to try and damage your relationship or ‘send a nation to its knees’, or whatever you think I’m doing here. To be honest, I didn’t even know you were in Paris and had no intention of ever bothering you again- at least not face to face. I’m not like… that. Not anymore.”

“How are we expected to believe that?” John snapped.

“Come to dinner with me,” she suggested.

“Are you insane?”

“Just listen to me. I will explain everything to you, you can meet my girlfriend. There will be no consulting criminals, no faking deaths, no camera phones and no assassins.”