Chapter Eleven- Louvre is in the Air

Keep good company - that is, go to the Louvre.

-          Paul Cezanne

A/N- Thank you lozzawonderland for the idea of John and Sherlock going to the Louvre!

John

“Sherlock, is that my sweater?”

I’d just returned from the store down the road, dashing through the rain after insisting on going out to buy some needed toiletries. Droplets of water slipped from my wet hair and onto the carpet as I entered the suite to find my husband lying on the sofa, wearing a familiar oatmeal sweater that was slightly too short for him.

“J-John!” He stumbled, shocked to see me back so soon. “I didn’t see you there…”

“Sherlock…”

“It smelt like you and I was lonely,” he blabbed, and I hung my coat up with a sigh, hanging up my coat as he pulled my now slightly stretched jumper off. Plonking the slightly damp bag of shopping on the coffee table, I sat down on the sofa and he handed me my jumper.

“It smells like you now,” I smirked.

“Sorry…”

“That’s a good thing, Sherlock,” I paused for a moment. “… Does this happen whenever I go out?” I had noticed that my sweaters seemed slightly stretched at the arms and in width lately, but hadn’t been able to put my finger on why until now.

“Maybe…” He reddened, and then spat out; “I know you wear my coat when I don’t take it out with me!”

I felt my cheeks burn up.

“Oh, come on, John, the amount of times I’ve found you asleep on the sofa under it.”

“Oh, shit..."

"Not to mention the fact that it always smells so much better afterwards," his smile widened, and he leant forwards, pulling me closer to his face to plant a gentle kiss on my lips. "Let's get you dried off."

Sherlock then dashed off to our room and I folded up my sweater whilst waiting for his return- before I could protest, he was ruffling my hair up furiously with a warm, freshly washed towel.

"Sherlock!"

"Much better," he pulled it off, and my hair felt very fluffed up. "Hedgehog," he added quietly with a small chuckle, before draping the towel over my slightly damp shoulders. I sighed with a small smile.

"Otter," I kissed him again.

"Coffee?"

"Cheers," I relaxed back into the cushions as he went to get some.

I switched on the forecast- The weather had been pretty bad for the last few days, so we had only left the suite on a couple of rare occasions, but thankfully, though it had been fun to spend some quality time with Sherlock, it was scheduled to clear up tomorrow.

"So if the weather is good," Sherlock began as he sat back down next to me presenting me with a steaming cup of coffee, "I thought we'd visit the Louvre- if you'd like."

"I'd love to," I grinned, and thanked him for the coffee, taking a small sip and then putting it down with a little yelp because it was still too hot.

"Are you alright?" He put his cup down instantly, and placed a tender hand on my cheek, scanning me for any sign of serious damage.

"I'm fine, Sherlock," I laughed. "Just burnt my tongue a bit, that's all. Don't worry about it."

"It's difficult not to," he sighed, relieved, and kissed me again briefly.