Chapter Nine- Thanks, Cheekbones

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain

-          Vivian Greene

A/N- I give you… A FLUFF CHAPTER. I know not everyone really got the Superwholock stuff, but thanks for sticking through that- I will be using it again in the future, maybe in a couple of books time, but I’ll explain it more clearly and it will be more enjoyable to read- also, don’t forget ‘Hazel’, because she’s going to be very important. Well done if you’ve guessed why- yes, she is an OC- I created her. Anyway, I do apologize about all that- and, like I said, have some fluff to make up for it. Thank you so much for 700 reads already! I love you!

John

“- The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well,” Sherlock finished reading with a snuffle, and, with a look of mix wonder and devastation on his face, closed the book. “Oh my God…”

I felt a tear slide down my cheek. “Every. Bloody. Time. I promise myself I won’t cry…”

“And it doesn’t work…”

“Obviously,” I whimpered, my voice muffled against his shoulder.

“It’s my first time reading these, how do you expect me to feel?”

“Oh, darling,” I said sympathetically. “Do you really think it’s going to get better next time? You will cry. You will always cry.”

“Did you just… Always,” Sherlock sobbed. It was about 4am in the morning, and the storm outside was still raging on. Since we hadn’t been able to sleep, we’d moved loads of pillows and duvets and sheets to the sofa in the living room, made hot chocolate, lowered the lights, and Sherlock had started to read to me in his lovely baritone voice. One thing led to another, and we’d reached the end of ‘The Deathly Hallows’- the last Harry Potter book- and now, naturally, we were bawling our eyes out.

I sniffled, and reached over to the table to take a sip of my hot chocolate, hearing a crash of lightning from outside. I felt the drink’s warmth shoot through me, warming me even further, and then I snuggled back into Sherlock who wrapped his arms around me.

“I used to hate storms,” he said quietly.

“Did you?” I raised an eyebrow. He nodded, biting his lip a little, and I felt my face soften. “Why?”

“They used to make me feel even more stranded than usual,” he admitted in a voice that was not quite a whisper. “Especially when I was outside for all that time…” He was remembering his time in the graveyard now, so I moved my hand around until it found his under the sheets. “But you still came to see me… No matter what.”

“Of course I did,” I whispered. “Because I love you- no matter what. Now, come on, the weather’s depressing enough- let’s cheer up a bit.”

“Okay,” he nodded, and cracked a small smile.

“That’s better,” I planted a kiss on his lips, and squeezed his hand. The lightning struck again, and we both shuddered in surprise.

“What did you usually used to do during thunderstorms?” Sherlock asked.

“Oh… I don’t know…” I began. “I used to read, make endless hot drinks, and fail to sleep and, well, I don’t know if you’ll remember… But there was one night before”- I hesitated- “The fall… And I hadn’t been able to sleep, so I came into the living room to watch whatever crap was on- You were already in there though, and when I came in, you just switched it off and said “I don’t know what all the fuss about”- To be honest, neither did I, it bored me most of the time anyway- so we switched it off and ended up talking for half the night… I can’t remember what about, and this will sound stupid…” I sighed. “But it was amazing.”