Chapter 16: Safe Houses and Answers

Jamie's POV:

Kyle sat me in the back of the black SUV and Leo was in the drivers seat. Kyle sat in the other side by the window. Around 10 minutes later Clara got in the passenger seat and we started driving.

"Is someone gonna tell me what the hell is going on!" I say getting annoyed with the secrecy.
"Jamie your in danger okay everything will become clear soon." Clara said.
"Why on earth are you being so cryptic just tell me already." I was getting really annoyed now.
"Jamie, Luke is half werewolf half human he's dangerous." Kyle said.
"Werewolves aren't real you know that right!" I say is he high.
"Jamie yeah they kinda are and vampires and witches." Clara said with a serious tone.
"You have got to be kidding me right. Are you high? There is no such thing." They have go to be joking.
"I can prove it." Kyle says looking at me.
"Kyle are you sure?" Clara asked turning round.
"Yeah. Jamie look at me." And I turned to face him and veins appeared below his eyes and his canine teeth extended into fangs. I looked back in shock.
"What the hell are you?!" I shout at him.
"Jamie sweetie calm down everything is gonna be okay. We are vampires. Please don't freak out." Clara said in a comforting voice.
"Freak out. I shared a dorm room with you Clara. I kissed you Kyle and now you tell me your a blood drinking vampire. I've seen twilight and the vampire diaries people die." I say.
"Jamie I would never hurt you. You have to understand that." Kyle said sincerely.
"Why? What do you mean?" I asked confused.
"Jamie you understand in the story's and supernatural creatures have soul mates. Other people that are made for you. Like Clara and Leo. I have spent 578 years looking for you."
"What so your immortal and 578 years old?"
"No he is 586 years old and Leo and my self are 1570." Clara answered.
"Okay so where are we going?" I ask coming to terms that I am stuck with them.
"To a safe house I own a few miles south of here it's in a town so not to draw suspicion and Clara can take you shopping once we get there." Kyle says taking his seatbelt of and sliding next to me and holing my hand.

Around 10 minutes later we arrived outside of a detached house around fifty miles outside of London. It was big but it wasn't huge it was just right. Leo parked the car in the drive way and walked round to open the door for Clara. Kyle did the same for me but offered me his hand and I took it and got out of the huge car. Kyle lead me inside and upstairs to what I am assuming is his room. A few minutes later Clara brought up a suitcase and vanity case and left them on the inside of the door.

"Are you okay?" Kyle said moving closer to me and I turned away.
"Yeah I'm fine it's just a lot to take in." I lied through my teeth and instantly felt bad.
"Jamie, I can hear your heart beat I know you are lying to me. What's wrong?" He asked. He almost look sad like emotional hurt.
"I... just...I'm confused." I admit.
"What about? I'll answer anything you want to know." Kyle said reassuringly.
"About whats happened. I mean I always knew something was off with you 3 I just never excepted my suspicions to be true. And what about that girl that died was that you or Clara or Leo or someone else?" I asked scared of what he can do.
"No that was someone new just transitioned my guess is it was that guy Ali that went missing." He said.
"I didn't notice. Is he dead? Or somewhere roaming the streets?" I asked curiously.
"He...well... he died. He attacked Alex she had no choice but to put him down." He replied.
"Alex had to put him down what do you mean."
"Alex is part of a very powerful bloodline of witches that have helped my family for generations." So that explains what she said when we were watching twilight and what Clara said.
"Okay." I said yawning really unattractively.
"Oh. Your tired there's shits in the draw if you want to change out of your dress and there and baby wipes in the vanity case Clara left I'll be downstairs if you need any thing and the bathroom is through there." He said pointing at the door on the others side of the room.

I finally took in my surroundings. There was a king size bed in the centre of the wall facing the door. The bed had navy blue and grey sheets. There was a black chest of draws next to the door an matching side tables near the bed. On the left side of the room there were 2 door one for the bathroom another for a walking closet I'm guessing it was a beautiful room.

"Er...Kyle could you undo the back of my dress I ask nervously.
"Er...Yeah sure." He said scratching the back of his head. He undid the dress and then walked out. I grabbed one of his shirts and slid it on after laying my dress on a chair in the corner. I took of my strapless bra and climbed into the huge bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

Kyle POV:

I walked do the stairs into the lounge where Clara and Leo were sat with glasses of alcohol of some description. It's probably bourbon to curve the cravings because week alcohol doesn't work and none of us want to hurt Jamie, me in particular. She doesn't know what she does to me, earlier when we were dancing was like we were the only ones in the room and for someone who doesn't know how to dance she sure managed perfectly. I think Clara being there must have helped she seems to look up to her.

I went and sat in the arm chair by the fire and Leo passed me a glass of bourbon. Leo is really good friend he is quiet but Clara makes him relax more. She helped him adjust.

"So how's Jamie?" Clara asked crossing her legs on the couch.
"She is good but she's tired so I left her to sleep." I answered.
"Are you gonna sleep in your bed or the guest room?" Leo asked. I hadn't thought of that.
"I don't know. But I'm not really tired." I said.
"Well I'm gonna go to bed before I get wasted and my tolerance is high." Clara said walking off.
"I'm gonna go to bed to night Kyle. I hope things work out." Leo said walking off.

I drank my drink and left my glass on the coffee table and went up to bed. I took of my shirt, dress pants and socks then I put them in the wash bin grabbed my grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt. I climbed on to the bed and watch Jamie's sleeping form. She looked so peaceful there was nothing troubling her. She was so beautiful. I was so lucky. I soon drifted of into a dreamless sleep.