Chapter 20: Secrets Revealed

Jamie's POV:
After Kyle left Alex filled me in on what she was doing. She was creating a potion to protect someone. It was fascinating. There were glass jars and vials all around the room. They were filled with potions and ingredients for spells.
"So how are you feeling?" Alex asked whilst throwing something in the cauldron.
"I'm fine. But I want to know how I have slept so long. It's like six o'clock and I'm still tired." I said to her.
"Well there is a spell on the continent. Humans fall asleep before they can even get close. That's why we've never been discovered." She explained. "It stops 'The Brotherhood' coming anywhere near. That's why Luke is dangerous he can navigate his way here without falling asleep at the wheel."
"But what about in space?" I asked confused as to how it hasn't been found."
"In 1897 my ancestors spelled the land to stop it from being seen by humans."
"Oh okay then." I said we talked for a while longer.
"Hey it's getting late you should be getting back to Kyle." Alex said realising the time. I said goodbye to her and walked along the corridor. It was long a dark and I didn't really know where I was going when I walked in to a wall. If you asked me building a wall in the way is not a good idea. Then I looked up and saw Kyle's father. He looked furious to say the least.
"Oh my god! I am so sorry!" I rushed out.
"Well you should have been looking where you were going you stupid human!" He growled at me. The next thing I know is that I'm against a wall with two sharp teeth plunged into my neck sucking the life force out of me. I let out a strangled cry for help. My head was spinning and I felt sick I was struggling to keep my eyes open. All of a sudden he is ripped away from me and I am being carried down the hall by Kyle. And then everything went black.

Kyle's POV:

I left Jamie and Alex to catch up if anyone can answer her questions it's Alex. I walked down the corridor towards my fathers office. I had to explain to him that no matter what Jamie will take the throne with me and if he refuses I will give up my rights to it. And my brother will have to take it with no experience and I know for a fact my father couldn't do that to his precious kingdom. He'd rather the wolves took over.

I arrived at his office and knocked on the all to familiar door once again and as always a muffled come in was heard. I entered and my father looked up from the letter on his study and stared at me.
"Come to finally accept that she will never be queen or have you come to start an argument you can't win?" My father asked with a smirk.
"Neither. You either let me marry Jamie or I renounce my claim to the throne." I said glaring daggers at him.
"Son. I cannot allow this you have to understand. Sam is not able to take the throne."
"Oh and why is that then. He not good enough for you? To compassionate? To human?"
"Yes he is to human because he is not my son!" He roared at me.
"What in gods name are you going on about? Of course he's your son!"
"Your mother and I are not mates you of all people know this more than anyone. Well 258 years ago your mother found her mate and the completed the mating. Thus Sam was conceived. But your mothers mate was human. Same is not a pure vampire and will never be able to take the throne."
"So where is mothers mate now then?"
"I spoke to the fates and Clara. Of course Clara told me to go fuck myself but the fates changed things for us. I couldn't let your mother leave me so I had the fates break the mate bond and I killed the man." I knew this was the end of the conversation bit I was mad.
"Does Sam know?" I spat with anger. 258 years he has lied to me 258 fucking years.
"Don't be absurd. Why would I tell him."
"Your an absolute prick you know that! I am ashamed to call you my father! 258 fucking years. And I suppose Clara knows as well then and you threatened her to keep quiet?"
"No of course not Clara and I have never really got along but all I did was ask for help. She got mad stabbed me told me to fuck myself and then left." He shouted at me. Though to be honest I don't blame Clara. She has always hated him she only stuck around for mother and me and Sam.
"Oh do you know what? Go to hell!" I said and stormed out of the room and walked towards my brothers room. I knocked the door.
"Yeah!" He shouted through the door. I walked in to see him sat with Jessica and she was smiling.
"Oh well sorry to interrupt." I said getting their attention.
"Urm. I should go." Jessica stuttered out.
"Please don't leave on my account I just wanted to see I'm my baby brother was okay." I said embarrassing the hell out of him.
"I'm not a baby!" He shouted at me.
"Sure you-" I was cut of by an ear piercing scream. Jamie. Me and Sam ran as fast as we could to where the scream was heard. That's when I saw my father with is fangs buried in her neck. I ripped him away and Clara and Leo turned up just in time to restrain him. Mother and Jessica came running down the corridor and Alex appeared from nowhere. I picked up Jamie bridal style and carried her to our room telling mother to fetch the doctor and Jamie that she'll be okay.