one

Calum Hood liked to think he was a down to Earth guy.

Never ruffled many feathers, always handed his homework on in time, regularly visits the gym and watches what he eats. He has a small group of friends who he hangs out with. He goes to parties and meets new people who he would call "acquaintances".

So yeah, Calum would say he was average.

It started on an average Monday for an equally average Calum. It was just after summer; the holidays had ended a week ago, and everyone was beginning to get back into the routine of school.

Walking into his registration class, he noticed a new face standing at the teacher's desk.

Calum's first thought was 'my god he's adorable'.

The boy had soft brown curls and hazel doe eyes that screamed 'gorgeous'. Calum could've sworn he died when the boy noticed him staring and fucking smiled, showing off some dimples.

Calum, momentarily dying, returned the smile, and took his usual seat next to his friend Luke.

Once everyone was settled, his teacher began, "Morning, everyone. This is Ashton Irwin. He's new. Please show him your usual hospitality and help him if he gets lost." Then proceeded to do the register.

Ashton scanned the class for a moment, then took the seat behind him at the very back.

Once the teacher was finished and everyone had began to talk and do homework for the rest of the period, Ashton began talking. "Hey!"

Calum and Luke both turned to him, confused. "Hey?" Luke greeted. "Ashton, right?"

Ashton grinned. "Yeah. Were you not paying attention to your teacher's declaration of my name?"

Luke shrugged and turned around in his seat to do homework. Calum smiled at the new boy. "I'm Calum Hood. And that's Luke. He's a bit moody and I'm- me, I guess."

"Wow, Calum Hood, you just told me so much about yourself," Ashton teased, "Are you sure it was safe to tell me your surname? I might be an undercover spy."

"Are you?"

"I'm not, no."

"That's what a spy would say," Calum grinned. Ashton shared the smile. "Why did you move here, then?"

Ashton seemed amused when he said, "I'd say relationship troubles."

"Like what?"

"You'll find out later, I'm sure," Ashton replied. Calum didn't know how he felt about how shady he was acting. Ashton seemed too sweet to be remotely dangerous or troubling.

"I'll take your word for it," He returned. "Did you do something bad?"

"I did," Ashton said, with a scandalous smirk on his face.

Suddenly, the bell rang, and Ashton was up from his seat in seconds. "I'll see you later, Calum Hood."

Calum watched him go, saying under his breath in a whisper, "Bye, Ashton..."

Luke seemed to hear him. "I wouldn't get involved with him, Cal. He seems suspicious."

Calum gives him an incredulous look. "Are you serious? He's adorable. Are we talking about the same person here?"

Luke sighed, walking away.

---

hello !! this is a cashton story with a hint of lashton (smut), if you like this you should read my lashton oneshot "affection". the start of this story has a lot of smut but it gradually becomes less (more fluff)

also ashton is younger in this because they were born the same year, making calum 6 months older than ash and luke, and michael 8 months older. idk dont question it

anyway, thanks for reading!

-charlie💓