seven

Ashton started talking to Luke immediately after Calum had suggested it. Ashton had moved to sit next to him in English, just like Calum had said, but nothing seemed to get to him. Luke hated him for no reason.

Eventually, Ashton was tired of Luke replying with one word to his questions.

How are you? Fine.

How was your weekend? Alright.

Did you do anything interesting? Yeah.

Like what? Party.

It was hard to build a friendship like this. Ashton decided that there was only one more thing he could do. He had to utilise his greatest strength: his charm. And his looks. And his ability in the sack.

"Luke," Ashton said above the noise of their loud English class who were having a class discussion about Othello's position as a black man in Venetian society.

Luke looked up at him to confirm that Ashton had his attention. Ashton almost sighed at how much this friendship was failing. Almost. He couldn't let Luke know that this was really getting to him.

"Do you want to do the homework after school together? i don't really get it," he asked.

"Um." Luke answered, looking slightly alarmed.

Ashton leaned closer to the blond, lowering his voice in a manner he'd like to think was seductive. "I've always been really good with English, I just don't really understand this. Shakespeare is hard."

Luke looked him straight in the eye, before signing in resignation, "I guess I could help you," he said, watching Ashton's smile widen. "If that's what you want."

"Thanks," Ashton replied, far to giddy, "My house? I'll meet you after school?"

"Yeah," Luke confirmed.

"Great!"

---

Luke easily gave Calum the slip, saying he was going to Michael's. Unlike Calum, Luke sometimes did walk home with other people. He just didn't like it when Calum ditched him.

They walked to Ashton's house, stopping only when Ashton had to unlock the door. Luke didn't question it; his parents worked late and his brothers had moved out, leaving him home alone a lot too.

"My room's the first one, I'll be up in a moment," Ashton told him, walking through to the kitchen. "Do you want a drink?"

Luke shook his head, making his way upstairs. Ashton grabbed a banana from the kitchen and grinned devilishly, following after him.

"Is this Calum's?" Luke asked him, holding up the hoodie Calum had left a week or so ago.

"It is," Ashton answered. "Jealous?"

Luke only scoffed, dropping it on the floor and taking a seat on the edge of the bed. Ashton pulled out his English folder and took out the homework, then joined him.

"I really appreciate this," he said, peeling the banana.

"I'm sure." Luke said, looking over what they were doing in English today to refresh his own memory.

"If there's anything I can do to repay you," Ashton continued, shoving the banana down his throat, then pulling back a little to take a bite. "Just say so."

He'd noticed Luke staring at him but didn't say anything. He didn't want to scare him off before he'd secured that his idea would work.

Luke cleared his throat. "Right, well, what we were doing today is easy if..."

He trailed off, watching Ashton repeat his ritual, only this time he looked up at him, banana in his mouth. Once he'd finished swallowing the bite, Luke said, "Oh, fucking hell."

"Hm?" Ashton questioned innocently, taking another bite.

"I think I know how you can repay me for this," Luke said.

Ashton smirked. His plan had worked.

---

there's lashton smut in the next chapter. surprise.

-charlie💓