thirteen

The kiss is deep and meaningful to Calum. He feels so close to Ashton, as if they really had been a couple for the past two months. Calum slowly leans them back onto the sofa, with Ashton looking small underneath him.

Ashton's hands just feel right on his back, and his legs feel so amazing wrapped around his waist.

Ashton lets out a small whine when Calum's hand reaches down to palm him through his jeans. Ashton is already really hard and yearning for Calum to be inside him. He bucks up into Calum's hand and lets out a moan into the kiss.

The kiss comes to an end when Calum pulls away from him and begins to undo his jeans. Suddenly, Ashton's hand reaches out and grab's Calum's, pulling it away from his zipper.

"No condoms. No lube," Ashton highlights briefly.

Calum sighs, pulling back from Ashton and sitting upright.

Slowly, Ashton mimics him and says, "I need to go."

Calum looks over at him. "Are we okay?"

Ashton doesn't answer. He doesn't know what to say.

"Ashton, are we okay?" Calum repeats desperately. He likes Ashton a lot, both as a friend and as a, well, whatever their agreement was. He doesn't want this to end.

"I'll see you around," Ashton mumbles, hastily leaving the room before Calum can answer. Calum doesn't answer anyway; there's nothing to say.

-

Later, around two, Luke locates Calum sitting in the garden by himself. He's smoking a cigarette, which Luke knows for a fact Calum has never done before. They tell each other everything. Well, until now. He takes a seat beside him.

"What are you doing?" Luke asks. He wants to knock that cigarette to the ground and slap some sense into Calum, but he knows that Calum is feeling down. He has that look on his face.

"Ash and I had a fight."

Luke looks down. "Sorry," he mumbles. Is now a good time? Luke figures it is. "I know about you two."

Calum nods. "I thought you would figure it out." 

"Ashton told me, actually," Luke admits, "When we, um, when I was-"

"When you guys hooked up? I know."

Luke sighs. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you felt this way about him until now. I didn't even know you were fucking until Ashton told me."

"I didn't know either," Calum throws the cigarette away. He wasn't smoking it anyway.

"Sorry?"

"I'm sorry too," Calum admits. "You're my best friend, Luke, even if I'm not yours. I don't want Ashton to ruin that."

"What are you talking about? Of course you're my best friend," Luke laughs, "I love you, you idiot. I care about you so much. I just don't want you hurt."

"Thanks Luke. I love you too," Calum laughs.

They share a comfortable silence, happy that the air between them has been cleared.

"Let's go home," Luke says, standing up and stretching his legs. Calum mumbles in agreement. 

When the two get home to Luke's house, Calum tells him he's staying the night. Luke tells him that he knows. They sneak upstairs like they used to when they were young and had stayed out until 10pm, when Luke's mum had specifically said, "Be back by nine."

They pass out on top of each other, almost immediately.

-

thank you for reading !!

-charlie !!