Chapter 1: The job

Jackie was outside the doors in the garden meditating on a small island in the middle of a pond. A man made waterfall softly flowed down the rocks behind her. Jackie sat and concentrated on her hearing. Isolating different sound and enhancing others. The birds song. The water flowing. The wind blowing.

" Is that her?" A voice unknown to Jackie spoke. She isolated out every other sound apart from the voices.

" Yes that Jack." Daniel spoke to the mans voice. The unknown man sighed in anger and unhappiness.

" But she is just a girl! We need your best!" He half yelled so that Jackie would not hear them. Even thought they where quite a bit away from her. She could still hear every word. The man and her brother both sat on the wooden floors of the Japanese house.

" And that is what I am giving you since I will not be available." Daniel spoke softly to him. The unknown man growled.

" No! We need you!" He called again. Daniel only laughed.

" If you are going to assign her to my client then I need proof that she can do the job!" He called. Daniel smirked largely.

" As protectors we must hone every skill possible. Enhance every sense we have. That includes hearing. Isn't that right Jack?" He spoke softly to the man. The man jolted back a bit in surprise.

" W-What do you mean?" He asked amazed.

" What I mean is Jack has been listening to this conversation since you asked if that was her." Daniel said. Jackie smirked.

" Even if her hearing is good. That does not prove her ability to protect." He huffed as he crossed his arms.

" Fine." Daniel pulled out a small sharp needle. The mans eyes widen as he saw it. Without even batting an eye lash he throw the needle effortlessly. The was aimed straight at Jackie's head. At the last minute Jackie brought her hand up and caught the tiny needle between her thumb and finger. Not even opening her eyes. She held it there for a minute or two just to show the man. The needle was aims right in between her eyes.

" Is that proof enough?" Daniel asked. Jackie then stood up silently and walked back over to the house.

" Y-yes I guess so." The man said.

" Good. I am glad you finally seen my skill. Daniel here's your needle back. Please refrain from doing that again. You know how much I hate it." Jackie spoke in a monotone voice. She throw the needle directly at Daniel. But it skimmed past the mans cheek first. Daniel panicked a little but dodged it. He scratched the back off his head. He was about to speak but Jack got there first.

" And please stop that annoying ha bit of scratching the back of you head." She spoke.

" Ah I am sorry Jack." He spoke. Jackie rolled her eyes and sat next to Daniel facing the man.

" So care to tell me about my job then?" she spoke. Daniel nodded.

" As you know this man is here to seek out protection for a client of his who has been receiving threats. This client of his is an A-list singer. The reasons are unknown why he is being targeted." Daniel finished.

" Thats good but who is the person ?" She asked. The man looked at Daniel. Daniel nodded back as if to say tell her.

" Zayn from One Direction." he spoke.

" You joking." She spoke unhappy. He shook his head. Great. Jackie sighed and fell to the floor. The man sighed also.

" You will be leaving tomorrow morning." He spoke. Jackie never moved.

" I will be going now. I can show myself out." He spoke as he stood up and walked out the house.

" Do I have too?" Jackie asked. Daniel only nodded. She sighed.

" Fine. But you are telling James." She spoke as she stood up and walked out the room.

" I am going up the hill!" Jack called. Daniel sighed as he can never win with Jack. He sat down again and drank his green tea. He listened to the soft noise made from the insects outside. He closed his eyes and remembered the times when his parents were stll alive.