Chapter 12: The Shrine

Zayn finally made it to the top of the hill, where a small hut stood. It was a deep brown colour, almost black in the moon's light. His sandals made a crunching noise on the dry muddy ground as he edge closer to the small building. Once his doubt level allowed him to see in, he saw two large stone. The stones where do reflective that you could use them for mirrors, if it was not for the writing on them. Zayn' s eyes trailed down to a kneeling figure. Zayn could tell that it was Jack from the kimono she was wearing. He watched as Jack pulled out her long brown wavy hair from its pony tail. It gently fell down over her back and lay their. 

" Jack." Zayn spoke with sorrow in his voice. 

" Zayn. Come and join me. " Jack said not turning around to look. Zayn nodded and walked in the shrine and kneeled down next to her. He looked to Jack, she smiled as she picked up a small stick. It was lit and gave of smoke as she moved it over to a golden tray. She put her hand together with a clap and bowed her head.

" My mother and father passed away while on a job. It was 9 years ago, They had been protecting an A list when they were both shot. They passed instantly and if was not for two other protectors that had been hired we would never have knew. Because once they shot my parent they set the building a blaze. They pulled my lifeless parent out. After that Dan went crazy and spent his time trying to find who killed them.  It turns out that a bodyguard gag ratted them out and sold their whereabouts to the Knights." Jack explained to Zayn, who listen intently.  

" Dan found the Knight that killed them. He had him under his foot. And held a gun pointed right at his head." She mimicked the action of pointing the fun at the man's head with a face if disgust and anger. 

"Do you know what that Knight said. He said ' When I see you parents, I will tell them just how strong and wild you have become.' And my brother replied back, ' Don't worry, you won't see them in hell.' And with that he pulled the trigger." Jack said. She smiled, but it was at that point she noticed that she had started to cry. Sparkling diamonds rolled ever so softly down her cheek. Zayn saw the diamonds drop in liquid treasure onto the cold stone floor. Zayn looked at her.

"Hey, its okay ." He said softly. Jack shocked her head and wiped the precious jewels away. Jack slapped her cheeks and turn to Zayn. She smiled and tried to look happy, Be Zayn saw right through it.

" Its fine. I am okay." She smiled to him. Zayn shock his head. He grabbed a hold of Jack and pulled her into a tight, reassuring hug. Jack was surprised at his sudden action.

" Your are strong, Jack. But sometime, you need to let it all out." He said. It took Jack a few seconds, but she was no longer able to bottle all those tears she has kept, locked away for 9 years. Slowly but surely she let them all out, and Zayn was her shoulder. Jack cried and cried, as she finally felt safe and she did not need to fell like she had to set an example. Zayn picked Jack up bridal style and walked over to the wall, where he sat back down with Jack on his lap.

It was not long until Jack's tears dried up. Tired from all of the tears, she fell into a dreamless state. Zayn watched her sleeping gently in his arms. He gently stroked her soft wavy hair to keep her calm. He held her as tight as he could in fear that she would disappear.

" Jack, you are so strong. But sometime you need to show tears. This can help you become stronger. Jackie, I love you so much. I just don't know how to say that properly." He said. Zayn kissed her head and then buried his face into Jack's hair. He sighed heavily as he too fell into a softly sleep.

Footstep walked up the hill from the house. They crunched with the stones underneath. It was now morning and the sun had not yet been seen. Dan walked up the small muddy path towards the shrine. He was a bit worried as Jackie never went back to the house last night. The same with Zayn. When he made it to the top he looked inside the shrine. A smile grew on his face with the scene in front of him. When he saw it, the sun peaked over to horizon, showing that a new chapter of Jackie's life has finally began, and it will be a good chapter.

" Imagine with mother and father would say if they saw this, Jack" He said as he shook his head. He smiled as he watched Jack sleeping soundly in Zayn's arms. He turned around and walked away back to the house. Smiling as he went.