Catching Up

Riley walks over to Maya and grabs her by the shoulders making her turn."Is it true?"Riley said as she crossed her arms and frowned."Is what true?"Maya asked not really caring about what she said."It was your birthday and you didn't tell me,how could you!"she said as she stomped her foot on the floor."Maya shut her locker and began walking with Riley on her tail."Look if you want me apologize im not. If you want an excuse i dont have one but if you want a reason how about this..."Maya turned to look and shrugged as the words "we're barely friends" came out of her mouth.Riley looked from the floor to Maya and then put on a huge smile."Lets change that!"she grabbed Mayas arm and next thing they know they're at the mall.

Riley goes to buy smoothies for her and maya mostly because she had nothing to talk about with her that didn't involve the past.In the end she sat down across from maya and both just drank out of their cups without saying a word."why'd you bring me here?"maya said.Riley looked up and stated "I wanted you and me to become good friends again."May just uh huh her and said "ok well tell me something I shoulf know."

Riley:ooooo theres alot you should know 

Maya:about what?

Riley:boys their weird

Maya: josh and lucas seem to be hood friends

Riley spits out her smoothie and begins to laugh hard.

Maya:whats so funny i just said they seem to get along 

Riley:thats the funny part...they don't get along at all in fact the only reason they're standing each other is...*her eyes widen and begins to drink from her smoothie again*

Maya:why?

Riley:how do you feel about them?

Maya:they've been really great friends-

Riley:thats not what I mean

Maya:riley you were there when all this happened remember Josh would always play the age card and even when he did say he'd look at me differently it took a year to say we had a someday.He made it very clear he just wants to be friends.At ski lodge Josh said I as protecting you and this and that so I guess that ment I never really liked him.Plus,even if I did he chose you by the way hows that going?

Riley:we we broke up

Maya:why?

Riley:enough talk lets go shop

She grabbed her smoothie stood and pulled maya with her all over the mall.

Maya actually had a good time.In fact she even allowed riley to call her peaches again but she was still not doing thunder and lighting thing.Time seemed to pass by so fast just as the saying went.

-5:00 p.m-

Maya looked at the time and gasped.I have to go Riley I have somewhere I need to be this week so see you later.

Maya realized Riley was the one who drove her and felt dumb.She took out her phone and searched for someone to give her a ride.

Farkle

Josh

Lucas 

Riley

Shawn

Smackle

Zay

She didnt want to bother smackle knowing shes probably with her dad and zay might be on a date.Shawn was always willing yo come but she didn't want to be a burden to him.Today was Monday which meant Faarkle was busy too.She wasn't sure which one between Josh and Lucas so she decided to do a group chat.

Maya:hey are you guys busy?

Josh:no why?

Maya:i need a ride

Josh:where to?

Lucas:dont worry im on my way text me where your at

Maya:thx lucas im at the mall thx anyway josh

Josh:np

Lucas:be there in 10

Maya waited patiently outside until she finally heard Lucas inside his car honking at her.She stepped inside and put on her seatbelt."can you talk me to the corner of hills and madison?""sure"lucad replied as he started his car and drove off.

Lucas:so is this another job thing

Maya:no more like volunteer 

Lucas:oh...

Maya looked at him and smiled and in an awe voice she said:aww sorry ranger rick but im not giving you free food today.

Lucas smiled:i wasnt talking about the food

Maya:uh huh....was it the uniform?

Lucas blushed but did not take his eyes off the road.

Maya:just kidding i know you only like me as a friend

Lucas:so are their going to be alot of boys where we're going 

Maya:well i guess you could say that haha they're the best 

Lucas gulped and became overwhelmed with jelousy:really they sound nice 

Maya:yeah and some are troublemakers that just means theres alot of excitement

 Lucas:and you volumteered for this?!?!

Maya:yup its fun hey why dont you join us?oh just be careful they all might try to jump on you.

Lucas' face turned a deep shade of red as pulled in to park."C'mon huckleberry lets go you'll have fun I think"she unbuckled her seat belt and got out and began walking.Lucas had a million things on his mind but found himself following her because he did not want to lose her because of them.When he finally caught up Maya turned to him with a smile.

Lucas:is their anything I should be aware of?

Maya thought for a moment:oh yeah I almost forgot try to keep your distance a little from me

Lucas:why?!?!

Maya:if you dont my boyfriend will get mad*laughs

Lucas stops for a second as does maya.

Lucas:i thought you were with ben

Maya:don't worry ben knew about it and he was okay with it 

She turned and started walking with what looked like a skip in her step.Lucas on the other hand was shocked and frozen.Maya had to drag him the rest of the way.