Chapter Three - Luke

The stranger walked away, anger in his heart. How could they treat her like that, she was only young.

His eyes filled with tears as he thought of his young sister, where was she, he hadn't seen her for eight years, since their mother had died.

She would be thirteen now, she was five the last time he saw her, suddenly his mind wondered back to that young girl, he needed to find her, she looked so scared and so alone.

She was around fifteen he guessed, very pretty despite her dirty clothes.

Luke (for that was the strangers name), vowed he would find her and help her.

The next morning he rode his horse Destrier to the clearing in the woods, and sure enough she was there.

"Sir, please I don't have much time, I will be in trouble, let me pass", she said looking at him through her stunning blue eyes.

"Wait, please what is your name? I'm Luke and this is Destrier ". A small smile crept over her face. "Hello Luke, I am Amethyst, please I must go now", and she turned and hurried away.

Luke got on Destrier, cantering to catch up with her. "Not this time, Amethyst sweet girl, wait please".

Amethyst stopped, tears filling her eyes again as she looked at Luke who got off his horse, tying him to a tree branch.

"Amethyst, I won't hurt you, ssh it's alright, what's wrong, has someone hurt you?"

He walked slowly towards her, taking his hand in hers as she broke down in tears. He shook his head, walking closer to her before holding her to him as she sobbed.