Chapter Six - Mystery

The cloaked figure watched as the couple embraced. He knew her, knew where she had come from. He missed her, wanted her back, but knew that could not be - he couldn't subject her to the life of cruelty he had helped her escape from.

At least now he knew where she was, he could see her. His head bowed, he turned and mounted his horse, disappearing as quietly as he had arrived.

Luke and Amethyst were oblivious to the stranger's presence, as he lay her gently on the sofa. "Trust me", he whispered gently, as she nodded. He smoothed his hand over her face, kissing her so gntly.

"Amethyst, my baby, my love", he said softly kissing her. She responded when his kisses reached her lips, and she knew he was her protector.

Luke suddenly stopped, pulling away from her and sitting up. "Amethyst, we cannot, you are only fifteen years old, and I do not wish to hurt you. I want this, but I cannot my sweet girl".

"I want this too, I love you", her eyes filled with emotion as he drew her close to him again. "You are so young, so vulnerable, and I will not hurt you my sweet angel", he said kissing her on the lips.

"Please", she asked, as she wrapped her arms round his waist, pulling him to her. He kissed her, before pulling back and softly smiling at her, caressing her face again.

"Soon darling, very soon, but not yet". He sat up wrapping his arms around her waist as she rested her head on his shoulder. She knew, despite everything she had been through, she wanted their first time to be special.

"Oh and my darling, he said looking at her with love in his eyes, I love you too".