Chapter Nineteen - Our Amelie

"Luke stop", Amethyst giggled as he wrapped his arms round her waist and her stomach, kissing the back of her neck softly before he turned her around to face him.

"Darling, you look absolutely stunning, so beautiful", he said smiling softly at her - before leaning in to kiss her expanding stomach. At seven and a half months pregnant - Amethyst looked beautiful.

She lowered her eyes, shyness creeping over her as he wrapped his arms around her and held her close.

"Baby, you are radiant and I cannot wait to meet our child, and love them so much", Luke said smiling again at her as he kissed her softly. As he pulled back and looked at her, he could see tears filling her eyes as he held her close to him.

"Amethyst, sweetheart - I know what is wrong, you are afraid he will come and get our precious child and take them away from you, aren't you?" When Amethyst nodded yes, Luke led her over to the sofa and assured her that she would not lose their baby.

"But the Comte - he said that he would take our child, if it was a baby girl, and that is exactly what I think she is. Luke I am so afraid, I cannot face the Comte anymore as I dreamt that he came and took our child again. She was a beautiful baby girl and he was cruel - saying that you did not deserve to be a father as you were useless".

"Is that what you think of me, Amethyst please don't listen to him, he will not hurt you. If I have to end this all right now, then so be it, but just be reassured - you will be safe and our baby will be also.

Two months later

"Luke sweetheart, it's time - I am going to have a baby" - Amethyst gently shook him awake from his sleep. It was 00:22 - and she was dressed in her comfortable birth outfit - a long shift dress and flat shoes.

Luke woke up, seeing his beautiful wife in front of him, clearly in a lot of pain. He quickly dressed and held her in his arms as she went through the contractions - which were becoming faster as the moments went on.

About 2 hours later, she felt that she had to push - and with Luke by her side, she gave birth to a beautiful baby daughter - Amelie - Rose. The midwife cleaned the baby up, dressing her in a beautiful dress and nappy with little booties - and handed her to her mother.

Amethyst was in tears, remembering the Comte's prophecy if she had a baby girl. She did not want him to find out, but her wishes were short lived when there was an unexpected knock on the door.

Amethyst drew her child to her, and Luke went to her side, sitting next to her and holding her in his arms reassuringly. "Don't answer the door", Amethyst said in fluent French to the midwife Mathilde - who smiled and said "Je dois partier" (I must go) and do what my master says.

Amethyst looked at Luke - absolute fear in her eyes as she knew who Mathilde worked for really - and sure enough there were footsteps on the spiral staircase leading up to the room and the Comte was soon in the door.

"Well done Matti - you will be rewarded handsomely for this, now my Lady Duvallan - where is your baby - your precious child"? He made to walk towards Amethyst who was cradling her baby protectively - but he was stopped when Luke stepped in between him and his wife and child.

"Get away from my wife and our child, you will not see her - you will not hurt her - go Comte", Luke kept pushing him away as he said those words. Amethyst reached out and took his hand in hers - making sure a fight was not started.

"Alright Luke - I will go and leave you alone for good as long as you do one thing for me - come to the place we fought before and you must let me kill you. Or my dear sir - I will take your wife and your baby and you will never see them again. You have twenty - four hours to decide - come Mathilde" and with that the Comte left quickly running down the stairs and out to his carriage with his faithful Matti by his side.

Amethyst placed her baby daughter in the bassinet to the side of her bed, before holding Luke's hands in hers. "No sweetheart, you cannot go to the fort, I will not let him hurt you, not this time - Luke you mean the world to me and I love you so much, please don't go".

Amethyst's eyes filled with tears as Luke comforted her as best as he could. He knew it would be wrong, so wrong to go back to the fort where he knew the Comte would be waiting, but what choice did he have.

He knew he had to protect them, protect his wife and baby girl - but how could he without going and letting the Comte kill him. Guilt filled his mind as he snuggled next to Amethyst, holding her close and kissing her gently.