Epilogue

"Goodbye papa, please come home very soon" Amelie looked up at her father who nodded and promised her he would come home safe. Kaitlin held her young niece to her comforting her as she cried while Luke led Amethyst away from the two of them.

"I meant every word sweetheart, I will come back to you both, I love you", and with one final kiss Luke climbed on board the train that was to take him and Joe far away from the people they loved. 

Amethyst cried, following the train for as long as it was in view of the platform. Tears filled her eyes as she saw Luke, his beautiful brown eyes piercing hers as he waved goodbye. 

She hated this, hated that the man she loved had to go away to fight. She did not understand and as she got back to Kaitlin and Amelie, she knelt down holding their young daughter to her and crying. 

"Mamma, I want Papa to come back, I want my father - please make the train come back, please". 

"I cannot Amelie - I wish I could but we both have to be brave, your papa will come home, he promised us he would. He never breaks his promises does he sweetheart", Amethyst smiled despite her tears, knowing that he would come back to them both. 

The three of them walked out of the station to the carriage that was waiting for them, and silently they headed home to their chateau. 

End of story

A/N - so a way of continuing on the story in the next book now titled Angel in the Mist. Please read this one before going to read the other, I am very excited about the further journey of Luke, Amethyst and Amelie.