Chapter Fourteen - I love you

The next day they saddled their beloved horses as they were going out for a ride together. As she gently settled herself into Star's saddle, quietening the young mare, she looked over at Luke, who moved Destrier near so he could kiss her.

"Sweetheart, I want to show you something, which I found a few days ago, it's a very special place and I want you to see it too", he smiled at her as he settled himself into his horse's saddle as they both started to walk away from their home.

Amethyst kept pace with him, trusting him and knowing he would not hurt her. A few metres away they began to trot and then canter - laughing as their horses kept pace with each other. Luke gently pulled Destrier up, waiting for Amethyst and signalling that she should walk. 

Amethyst slowed Star - and the two horses walked a very short distance, before their riders dismounted and tied them to a sturdy branch, put there for that purpose. He held Amethyst's hand and covered her eyes with a blindfold.

Slowly he led her and she could hear the sound of voices and smothered laughter. Suddenly she felt herself being undressed and changed, into what she did not know. He had gone and she felt scared. Hearing hoofbeats startled her, but when she heard Star's neigh she knew her horse was there.

"Amethyst, darling open your eyes my love", she heard Luke's gentle voice and felt his hand on her face, and his kiss. "Lady Amethyst Rose Duvallan, will you marry me today my sweetheart". She opened her eyes and found she was in a clearing, surrounded by a waterfall and a group of their friends who were smiling.

She wore a beautiful long gown and slippers - in the same cream colour and he had a suit on and he looked very handsome. Shock overwhelmed her as she saw a vicar standing at the end of the line of chairs which were either side of the waterfall. 

"My darling, I want to marry you today, I love you Amy my sweet gentle girl, please darling say yes". Amethyst looked at Luke and moved forward to kiss him.

"I have wanted to marry you for ever my love and today is perfect, so yes I will marry you, this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me and I cannot wait to become your wife."

He lifted her up, kissing her gently and his eyes shone with love when he set her down, motioning that they were ready. 

As she walked down the aisle towards him, Luke's eyes stared at her, smiling softly as she got closer to him. Suddenly Amethyst was halted as a voice shouted "Amethyst no"!!!

So who was that shouting out right as she was going to marry him, and what do you think will happen next......