Chapter Four - Love draws from fear

"Now isn't that sweet ", a voice piped up, sneeringly as Amethyst broke away, bobbing a hasty curtsey, the fear apparent on her face.

"Sir, I'm so sorry, I did not realise you were here. I am just returning sir", again with the nervous curtsey.

"Oh no, not this time, you are not welcome at my house ever again. My father has a new child now, and he told me to tell you to never return Amethyst", and with that, Joe handed her a sack of her clothes and possessions, and spurring his horse on galloped away, his laugh echoing in the shadows.

Luke pulled Amethyst to him, holding her gently. "Who is he, Amethyst, what did he mean, oh sweetheart, what has happened to you?"

"I can't, I must not tell you, I have to go otherwise he will hurt me". She made to move away, but Luke took her hand gently, saying she was coming with him, where she would be safe.

He led Destrier over to her, lifting her onto the horse, before settling behind her, Clicking to the horse, he wrapped his arms around her before galloping away, just as the Comte's soldiers arrived in the clearing.

The Comte was back at his home, awaiting news of her capture, when out of the corner of his eye he saw Anne.

She walked towards him, noticing he was deep in thought. "What troubles you, is it her, oh sir, you must not let her get to you, or bring you down, your father forbade it", and she took his hand, leading him to her quarters...