Chapter Eleven - The Hidden Fort

Luke sent Destrier on - the past two days a blur as he hurried to find his girl. Destrier whinnied - sensing other horses round - so he quietened the horse - as he came across a camp - with a fire still warm. He knew he must be near - so he dismounted - tying him to a tree and creeping slowly towards the smoke that was rising in front of him. 

Sure enough - he could see the Comte's men - and - his heart raced when he realised they had her, his Amethyst. She was tied up - sitting against a tree and her eyes were filled with tears. "Please sir, please let me go, I won't try to run again, please let me go home". 

Luke crept slowly - hiding behind the many trees that surrounded the fort that the men were sitting outside - his only thought was to get to her, but he knew he would need to be careful as he saw the Comte was not alone - 3 other men were there also.

Luke crept away, trying to plan what to do next - when a figure walked into the clearing that hadn't been there before. "Well done Comte - you have done well and will be rewarded for bringing her back to me. Amethyst, you were told not to run weren't you, you disobeyed mine and your master's instructions and you will be punished".

"Please sir, please don't - I am sorry I ran, I am sorry I went with him - please" - the figure nodded to the Comte to untie her and bring her to him - Luke watched - scared of what was going to happen and suddenly he realised Amethyst was going to be beaten again. So he ran to her - just as the Comte was going to strike the first blow.

"No you bastards do not touch her - leave her alone, how many times do you have to treat her so badly - Amethyst darling" - he pushed the Comte off her and untied her - holding her to him as they kissed. 

"Oh so you are the saviour of the Lady Duvallan" - the Comte sneered as he held Amethyst in his arms and kissed her gently. He pulled away and turned to face the man who was in front of him. 

"Yes I am and you will not hurt her - haven't you done enough - she is fifteen years old for god sake - she is just a young girl - you hurt her parents and I will not allow you to hurt her - so get away - go on ", and with that Luke gave a piercing whistle - one Destrier always obeyed and sure enough he could hear his horse coming for him. 

"Oh no you don't - you will not take her from us again" - the Comte pushed him viciously. Amethyst screamed as he went to attack - his punches raining down on him. She was just about to try to get between them, when something out of the blue pushed the Comte to the floor and stood over him neighing furiously. 

Luke was okay and he ran over to Amethyst - taking her hand and lifting her onto the horse that was in front of them - as he got on too they cantered off - leaving a dazed and shocked Comte lying on the floor.

When his men got him up - the Comte turned to them - pushing his trusted servant away. "Hear this - if I ever catch up with that young brigand who stole my prize from me - it will be the worse for him". And with that - the Comte walked over to his horse - and swiftly getting on - sent the loyal creature into a speedy gallop - determined to win back his prize.