Chapter Twenty - Two - You are my world

Later that day, Amethyst and Luke were getting ready for dinner. Kaitlin and Joe were coming round for a formal dinner, and their little girl was eating with her nanny before her mum would put her to bed.

Luke looked at her - his eyes filling with love as she kissed him. "Amy what is wrong sweetheart - are you okay?" he asked as she looked at him, then bowed her head.

"Darling, tell me the truth - do you want him, Joe I mean?", Amethyst looked at him and said yes. "Well if you want to, you must go to him and I will let you go", Luke pulled her to him and kissed her with such passion and love that she was confused.

He led her to the bed and slowly began to kiss her, things escalated again very fast and after it was over they got ready for dinner again. She knew this would be the evening that she would decide once and for all who she wanted to be with. 

As the four of them met at the door, Joe gave Amethyst a brief chaste kiss on the cheek, and the look he gave her was so gentle. Luke wrapped his arm round her and kissed the top of her head. Seeing this, Joe smiled - knowing exactly what was going on and that he would have Amethyst in the palm of his hand.

Amethyst sat opposite Luke and next to Kaitlin who smiled at her briefly. The maid brought the starters in and they enjoyed the prawn cocktail and brioche rolls with butter on. Luke was focusing on Amethyst - gently asking if she was okay, and she responded with a searching look at him. 

His beautiful brown eyes also watched what Joe was doing, he liked the guy well enough - but he could not trust him. Even though they shared the race horse - something worried Luke, and he held his hand out to Amethyst who took it gently.

"Darling, Luke are you alright sweetheart", Amethyst looked at him gently as he nodded - leaving Joe to look at him questioningly. Amethyst's eyes filled with tears and before Luke could do anything, Joe was around the table kneeling next to her and taking her hands in his.

"It's alright, sweetheart, don't Amy please, I won't let him hurt you, I love you" - Luke stood up, yanking Joe up and pushing him away. "Don't you ever say that to her, Joe I trusted you and thought you were my friend, I guess I know now that you were just using me to get to Amethyst like you always have done before".

Amethyst looked at the two men, uncertainty in her eyes. Now was the time to choose, but how could she - as she looked at her sister who nodded - Amy knew that the time had come. She quickly walked between the two men and held her hands out to them both.  

Luke was the first to hold her hand, raising it to his lips and kissing it, all the while looking at her with such love and tenderness. "I love you Luke, so much and I am sorry Joe, but he is the one that I choose, he is the father of my baby girl and I cannot leave him".

Joe turned to face her, his expression unreadable as he looked into her eyes, seeing the truth there - and he hung his head and turned away - walking out of the room and to the front door, where the maid went to let him out.

Before she could, Luke walked over to the door and pulling Joe away - took him into the study which was on the ground floor of the house. "What the hell was that all about, huh - why did you do that Joe, you promised me when we became friends that you would not hurt her or try to ruin our relationship." 

Luke looked at him, hate in his beautiful brown eyes as he pushed Joe away and told him to go. Joe sniggered and said that there was no way he was going, not without Amethyst. Luke looked at him and went to hit him before a voice shouted stop - turning around Luke saw Amethyst with tears in her eyes.

"No Luke, don't please. I see this now, I have to go with him for our family's sake, for our precious baby girl. I love you both so much which is why I have to do this." her eyes filled with tears as she walked down the stairs and into Luke's arms. He kissed her and then stepped back, holding her hand as she walked towards Joe.

"Thank you Luke", Joe said holding out his hand to Amethyst who took it, before turning to look one last time at Luke whose beautiful brown eyes filled with tears. He went to step forward, but Joe pulled Amethyst protectively to him. "Please Joe, let me say goodbye - please" Amethyst begged and the look in her eyes made Joe realise that he needed to be the person they had grown to like, not the evil cruel monster that everyone feared he would become. 

So, without another word he let Amethyst go, and she ran into Luke's arms crying openly now. "Amy I love you so much, oh sweetheart - promise me Joe, you won't hurt her, you will look after her and love her like I do", Luke begged him - his eyes locked on Amethyst and his arms protectively holding her.

"No Luke, I won't because you are the only one who loves her truly and who will look after her, which is why I am not taking her away from you" Joe stepped away and moved to go out of the door where Theo was waiting with his horse.

"I have got to know you properly over the past six months, and I feel that we have become friends, I cannot betray you, yes in the past I would have taken you away Amethyst, but I can't now and I won't, so if you will please allow me to go - I will never see you again, goodbye".

And with that Joe turned away - heading outside to where his friend was waiting, silently he got on his horse and the two of them galloped away.

A/N - So Joe has left them, but is he really as nice as he has made out........ Everyone can change and be nice even if evil is in their hearts - but is this the case - or just a big ploy to get Amethyst back on side....