Chapter 14: Predator and Prey

Sorry I haven't updated in a while : / it's just all this school work got caught up with me. Sorry, truly am.

Enjoy ;)

Madi

___________________________

Kiara ran full tint into the field. The pull was getting stronger and stronger by eAch step she took, but her steps started to shorten when she felt the burning in her hip. She winced and jumped from the surprise. It seemed the closer she got, the more her hip burned.

But the burning wasn't the only thing happening to her. She dropped to the floor, and that's when she saw her muscles moving along with her bones. The pain was horrible. She wanted to scream, yell, but she couldn't. She was afraid Cecil would find her. She started to cry uncontrollably, her body was stretching and shook uncontrollably.

Kiara started to panic. She didn't know what was happening to her. As she started to crawl in the direction towards the pull, towards Leo and Ryan. But she didn't get far, the shift overtook her.

___________________________

Leo couldn't stop screaming. It was worst then his first shift. Way worst. He arched his back, trying to make the pain stop, but it was even worse in that position. He squeezed his eyes shut, not wanting to see what would happen next.

But Ryan was eager to see what Leo was hiding from him. He kept trying and trying just to get one little peek at why Leo was screaming his head off, but Tobias held him down. Tobias's King had ordered him, it was strict orders, otherwise Tobias couldn't care less about who saw the King shift.

Leo started to shift back and forth between human and lion. It was beyond painful and exhausting to do it more than once. He started to crawl, bit he didn't know where. As soon as he entered the corn field, he heard screams from his men, but they were muffled.

As Ryan saw Leo run off into the corn field, now that Tobias had let go of him, he panicked. What was he doing? Ryan thought curiously.

Before anyone could stop Ryan, he bolted into the forest right after Leo. He didn't bother listening to their screams. He just focused on finding Leo. Then he heard a blood chilling scream he knew to well. Kiara's.

___________________________

Kiara stared at her hands. Something was growing within them. She freaked, no longer holding her scream. She didn't care if Cecil found her, the only thing she really cared about was what was happening to her? what was she becoming? Why? Why? Why? she thought.

Then she felt something. Something inside her grow, but not physically. It felt like a new part of her had grown, then it interrupted her thoughts.

"Don't worry ... " It said in a calming voice. Kiara looked around her surroundings to see if anyone had said that, but no one did. It was all in her head. She ran her hands through her hair. Kiara felt like pulling it out.

She started to shift yet once again. This time she heard something behind her. In mid shift with bright glowing gold eyes she could see about every detail that she laid eyes upon. She dropped her jaw with awe, then she felt them, canines.

She jumped back from the strange feeling in her mouth, but when she tried to stand up on her two legs it wasn't working. She growled on frustration.

Taken back, the same soothing voice in her head told her what to do, " Run." When she started to walk. She fell. Her legs didn't work. But when she looked down to see if any of them were broken, Kiara whimpered in shock and fear.

She didn't have feet, she had paws.

Since she was so focused on her paws, she totally forgot about the noise behind her. She never saw the frightened light brown eyes staring at the lioness in the middle of the corn field.

Ryan was shocked, scared, confused, but fear took over. He fell backwards while trying to get away from the animal.

As he fell, Kiara turned around to find a boy lying in the corn field. The voice told her what to do again.

" Food. We've been starving for to long. Attack. Kill." she obeyed it as once. It was like she had no control. The real Kiara was freaking out. She was something else, not human. And she didn't know what. Her human self was screaming. She feel her. It was strange feeling, Kiara didn't even listen to the human. She was hungry and free from that tight space.

Ryan screamed and tried to get up but it was no use. The lioness was upon him. She struck her paw on his chest, not wanting her prey to get away, and licked her lips.

Ryan, using his athletic side, started to kick the beast. She was huge and weighed a ton. But her grip was tight in him, her gigantic paw was crushing him. The lionesses eyes were glowing with excitement.

But as she pulled her lips back in a snarl, she leaped off of Ryan, but at the last second she did that, Ryan witnessed something jump out at her. Ryan, scrambling on his feet, was about to run away when he stopped to see what his saviour was, but he yelped in surprise.

A teenager he knew to well over this day, he found hunched over the lioness, but something was strange about him. Leo's eyes met Kiara's but he was in mid shift with claws and canines extended. Leo could feel the sparks fly between the him and the girl.

He knew he had finally found the Power. He couldn't believe it.