Chapter 39: Gone

Hope ya guys like this chapter, it kinda makes me sad .... You'll see why

----

"Ryan? What happen to you?" Kiara asked as she stared at the changed boy in front of her.

"My eyes have been cleared." He replied unlike himself. As he started to circle her, his movements were off, as he had a darkness lingering around him, Kiara could feel it.

"Ryan, what did they do to you." Kiara rephrased her question.

"The bite I had has been sealed and now I'm able to see what you really are." He growled in disgust.

Shocked, Kiara walked backwards, but tripped when Ryan inched closer. When her bottom came in contact with the ground, Ryan had her by the collar with a death grip before she could even react.

"You know, I don't even know how I even liked you. Your weak and it's a pity to see it. Thorn doesn't even need you, no one does! Not even the dead rotting corpse of Leo!" he shouted at her making her flinch in pain.

"Rya---"

"Shut up! You never understand! As you get taken out of your normal life you are swore to mate one of them, when what you always wanted was in front of you!" Ryan yelled furiously. As Ryan slapped her, Kiara clawed at his face hopping to do as much damage as she could muster.

When she broke free from his grip she quickly gathered her balance and started to run. She ran as fast as she could away from the monster which had once been her friend. Her only friend. Her best friend.

As tears covered her face, she could still hear his voice as he shouted after her.

"No one deserves you! No one will ever want you! All they want is your power!"

As his words stun with each step she took, she didn't even bother to look over her shoulder to see Ryan following her, stalking her, waiting.

Quickly, frightened of what her one true friend has become, she ran through the garden of the golden palace.

She was having trouble remembering where Cecil had wanted her to go since the only thing on her mind was what happened to Ryan. She knew something had been done to him. But she didn't know what. And him mentioning the bite ... what did he fully mean by that?

When she started to slow down, out of breath, her mind was still wandering when she heard footsteps behind her. Scared, she turned quickly and was about to attack when dark brown -- almost black -- eyes stared back.

"Cecil!" she exclaimed with great relief.

"Is everything alright?" he asked sensing her fear.

"Um ... yeah. Yeah everything's fine."

"You look a bit shaken, you sure?" he asked uncertain.

"Yes!"

"Hey, hey, hey! Keep your voice down!" Cecil shout whispered.

"Urg ..." she signed as she let her body fall to the ground in a sitting position. "It's just I had to run into someone I wasn't planning on seeing in a while."

"Who?" Cecil asked suddenly suspicious.

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does. That person could tell and then this whole entire plan of you escaping is done. Bye bye. Gone." He said getting a bit frustrated on how Kiara didn't seem to care.

"Cecil,"

"Yeah?"

"What happens when you bite someone?" Kiara caught Cecil off guard as he looked up at her in shock wondering where this sudden thought had come from.