Chapter 40: The Leopards

Hey guys!! Hope ya like the leopards ;)

And sorry if I tricked some of you with the update on Copyrights ... Sorry :/ I didn't mean too

----

"Why is the scent I'm going to follow going to smell bad?"

"Because you are going to my brothers clan," he paused as he stepped and looked off into space.

" It's Mikeytos clan. The leopards."

He then turned around and faced Kiara, making sure he had her full attention.

"You need to be there before sun down, and I don't know how much time I can provide you with Thorn. And when you do get inside, ask for Yana and tell her who you really are."

As he handed her a bracelet sort of thing, then he whispered her as he pulled her into a tight hug.

"Be careful."

"What's this?" she asked waving the bracelet thing around.

"Clothes." He replied. And just like that, he was gone and Kiara was standing all by herself watching the Jeep drive off. She wished she could've thanked him.

Quickly, placing the over sized bracelet on her wrist, she shifting into her lioness as Cecil had told her, and then sniffed the air.

At first she caught nothing, just a fresh sort of scent. But then her nose caught it. It was dreadful, disgusting. She didn't not want to follow it, but only if she had that choice. As her lioness wrinkled her nose in disgust, Kiara followed the scent to the leopards.

----

She could feel her lion purr in happiness as wind blew against her face. Her lioness hasn't been able to wander around in a long time and her being locked up in Thorn's castle didn't help either.

As she started to run, knowing she had to be there before sundown, she started to wonder what Cecil was going to do when he got back --- or if he would be found out. Worried, she decided to think about something more happy, but only Leo came up. She could feel her lioness whimper just at the thought.

Pushing her thoughts aside, she concentrated her attention to the dreadful scent. Her lioness was tempted to wander off trail to go and discover new parts, but as much as Kiara wanted to, she couldn't.

Kiara knew she was getting closer as the scent grew stronger. Feeling her lioness being upset with being so close to the leopards, she knew why Cecil wanted her to reveal her true identity of being the source of Power.

Quickly hiding behind a bush, she changed from her lioness to her human form. She quickly took the over-sized bracelet and undid the velcro.

"Who knew there was actually clothes in here." She said shocked as a t-shirt and a pair of shorts and extras were all stuffed into the bracelet, almost magically, Kiara thought.

As she quickly for dressed into the wrinkled clothes, she didn't realize how close she was to the gates Cecil had told her about. When she walked over the hill, the gates and the palace behind it were the only things Kiara could see.

It wasn't as big as Leo/Thorns palace, but it was still huge. As Kiara made her way to the gates, she could feel eyes on her hoping they didn't belong to the psycho friend --- if he was still her friend--- Ryan. Just the thought of it made her inch her way closer to the gates.

She was maybe twelve feet away before a booming voice yelled at her.

"You there, what is it you are here to seek?" he asked. His voice was an unusual one, Kiara noted.

"I'm here for lady Yana." Kiara tried to sound formal .... ish.

"Queen Yana doesn't have time for you, girl." The guard corrected her. Kiara could feel her blood start to rise with a growl from her lioness as the man called her a " girl " but she kept in her anger.

"I'm not a girl." She tried to sound polite but failed.

"How dare you growl at the gates of the Queen!" The guard yelled.

These guards really did love their Queen but what if they knew their real Queen? Kiara thought angrily.

"How dare you insult you true Queen! I am the one the royals have been searching for! I am the one that possess them such a powerful child that no one will be able to stop! And it is I who remember who didn't help me when needed! I am the Power! Open your gates this instant!" Kiara yelled with as much power, anger she could muster. She was sick and tired of people always not allowing her to do this because she wasn't acknowledgeable.

As feared played out on both guards faces they instantly opened the gates on her command. As soon as they were open Kiara took no hesitation to enter.

"My la--- Queen! I am sorry for my disrespect ..." The other guard spoke. Kiara didn't get why he was apologizing and not the one yelling.

"Why have you let this woman into our palace? She reeks of lions!" A caramel coloured woman spoke with such power, even Kiara was shocked.

Was that what I sounded like? she thought astonished.

"My Queen! It's the girl Lord Cedric has been talking about, she's the Power!" the grumpy guard told her.

"Queen Yana, I'm sorry to come to you at this time but ---" Kiara started.

"Why have you come? We need nothing of you or what you bring." Yana said with such pure disgust, it hurt.

"What?" Kiara asked surprised.

"Who sent you? You might be a lioness, but your scent carries along that of a hyena."

"Hyena .... They caught me and were forcing me to 'mate' as you guys call it, with Thorn! I'm sorry if I don't smell the way you want me to but I came here to seek out your help!" Kiara said pissed off on how Yana was treating. Like who did she think she was?

"They caught you?" Yana asked suddenly curious.

By time, Kiara thought. For some unknown reason Kiara wasn't able to control her anger like usual.

"Yes. They killed Leo as we were making our way over here." Kiara explained to the bitchy Yana.

Guards, leave us. You are coming with me. But I'd still like to know who sent you." She ordered. As commanded the guards left them alone as Kiara followed Yana deeper towards the palace.

"Cecil sent me here."

"Cecil! Who's side is he on?" Yana asked shocked.

" Unfortunately, I don't know." Kiara replied with the honest truth.

"Pity. Anyway I want you to tell everything you told me to a ... " Yana paused as she decided her words.

"...A very important friend of Leo. Almost brothers you may say." She finished smiling to herself.

"Why?" Kiara had to know.

"Because he is one of the few people here who can actually help you."

As Kiara and Yana entered the palace, Kiara let her eyes wander. This place was almost like Leo's, but smaller. Instead of having everything in red and gold, the halls were covered by green banners with a leopard head in the centre. As they walked through the hallway, sculptures of heroes --- Kiara guessed --- were almost in every open door.

When they finally reached the destination Yana came to a halt and opened the door.

"It's me." She replied so sweetly that Kiara was astonished she'd ever hear that side from Yana.

"Yana." A young man came to the door. Kiara now understood why Yana had referred to this man and Leo almost being brothers. He had the same matching gold hair, but longer and his eyes as well shone with gold. He was lion like her.

"Cedric, this is who Leo has been searching for." Yana introduced them.

Cedric couldn't help but smile at the girl in front of him.

"I was hoping this day would've came sooner." He replied flashing yet another big smile.