Chapter 1

Camilla's POV

My name is Camilla Adelina Gonzalez, I'm 17 years old and live with my mom in San Juan, Puerto Rico. My dad was arrested when I turned 13 for murdering somebody. The dumbass didn't do it right. I grew up in the really bad part of San Juan called 'La Perla'. I'm in the one of the most strongest and feared gang in San Juan. 'Obedecer' or 'Obey'  is the name of my gang, they're like my family and I would die for them and they would do the same, but we still have our 'rules'.

I'm still in high school, school's about to begin and I'll be going to my senior year. I am the bad ass of the school and date my boyfriend who I have been with for 3 years. He is in my gang,he's the hacker while I am one of the best fighters and killers. Gotten away with murder about 5 times, and been in jail only once or twice. I have about 10 tattoos, some dares, other gang related, and others I just wanted them.

"Camilla, donde estas?!"I heard my Mami call me from the kitchen.(Camilla, where are you?!)

"Que pasa Mami?"I asked her walking into the kitchen.I saw a wide smile across her face, and that got me scared.(What happened?)

"Estamos moviendo."Mami said all happily, but that got me scared. If I left the gang that will only mean trouble for me.(We are moving)

"Mami..."I said choking on a sob that was rising up my throat. 

"Donde?" I asked hoping it was still in 'La Perla'.(Where)

"New York City. I got a new job."She said to me. I fell to the floor and screamed out for everything.

"Hija, que pasa?"Mami asked me sitting next to me putting my head on her shoulder.(Daughter, what's wrong)

"Mami, tu sabes que yo no me puedo dejar. Derrick is gonna find me and he's gonna kill me."I said in between sobs.(You know I can't leave.)

"Como puedo."I heard a familiar voice.(How can I)I stood up and looked at the door.There stood the one man I loved, who took care of me, and was like a father to me."Come here, killer."He said to me and I ran into his arms.Killer was his nickname for me since I was the main one he would ask to kill people who invaded our territory.

"You're not mad?"I asked him lifting my head off his chest.

"Why would we be mad?"He said and I looked at him confused.He turned me around and there stood my gang. He turned me back around and looked me dead in the eye with seriousness in his eyes.

"If I killed you, I wouldn't live with myself. You're like my own daughter. Everybody knows that even Naila knows that."He said pointing to Mami with his head.

"That's true.I even said to him hurt my baby you're dead."Mami said to him and everybody laughed.

"I wasn't kidding. Camilla taught me how to get away with murder."She said and winked at Derrick and walked out the room.Derrick's face mocked horror and fear. I killed people slow so they could live with the pain.Sometimes I would leave them alive so they could live with the scars and remember me when they close their eyes.

"Anyways..."Derrick said clearing his throat."I said that to the other gangs because the people who left went to live better lives. Cami, you can't live this life forever.Go live your life.You're only 17."Derrick said and I nodded my head smiling a little bit.

"Now go pack. You leave tomorrow morning."Derrick said turning me around and smacking my ass.

"Aye, that's my territory."I heard Gabriel say. I looked at him and jumped on him.He picked me up and hugged me. Gabriel had these bright blue eyes and light brown hair that is so soft. He put me down and placed a kiss on my forehead. I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me to my room. I heard my gang doing wolf whistles and stuck them the finger. I closed the door and locked it and turned around to Gabriel.