Chp30- Death

Camilla's POV

Death is something that happens at its own time. You never expect it...unless you're running from it. Like me. I'm not scared of death. If it happens that's cause of the life I decided to take knowing it would eventually come. But at the time I didn't have the family I have now. I'm not scared of dying, I'm scared of leaving the people I love. Tonight the gang and I are supposed to be picking up people who haven't made payments. Last time it didn't go so well since Babe was stabbed. Dustin doesn't want her to go but she's going anyways. 

"Cami, you ready?" I heard Babe ask outside the door.

"Yea. I'll be out in a minute." I yelled back and looked at myself in the mirror. I had on some white skinny jeans with boots that go up to my thighs and an off the shoulder tight burgundy shirt.  My makeup was light, didn't feel like doing much. Just some eyeliner, mascara and dark red lipstick. I had my gun strapped around my waist and my knives in my boots. 

I opened my door and walked downstairs. I saw everybody waiting except for Noah and Hunter who I think were in the kitchen eating. Fatasses. Aiden saw me and grabbed me by my waist pulling me to him. 

"Mi hermosa reina." Aiden said pecking my lips making me smile as I looked up at him into his eyes. I saw a flash go off making me look over to see everybody staring at us and Mami with her phone out aimed at us. I shook my head but still went over to her to see the picture. 

"Send it to me!" I said as we all started heading out the door. I threw my parents a kiss before I closed the door and locked it. I got on my bike strapping my helmet on as Aiden stood next to me.  He opened up my visor making me look at him. He knows I don't like driving with the visor open.

"Be careful tonight, I don't know what Marco is planning. The black diamond is gonna be with us from now on. They have a diamond on their neck so if you don't see us or someone with a diamond tattoo be careful." Aiden said. Fear in his eyes. This is one of the few times he gets scared. 

"I'll be careful baby. You can't get rid of me that easy." I said with a small smile making him chuckle a little. I kissed him and he replied. It wasn't a goodbye kiss or a sexual one. It was one filled with fear, vulnerability and love. 

"I wanted to give you this. I didn't know when but with everything going on I need to do it now." Aiden said pulling out a box from his pocket. A ring box. "I'm not proposing...yet but this is a promise ring. I promise you mi reina I will love you, protect you, marry you and make you feel like the only one in the world. Because you are." He said. 

"I love you Aiden." I said as he took the glove off my hand and put the promise ring on. He put the glove back on and kissed my nose.

"I love you Camilla." And with that, I closed my visor and drove out of the garage. On the drive I couldn't stop thinking about Aiden and my family. I couldn't let them suffer for what I did in my past. Even if it is just a jealous person who has so much hatred, he is apart of my past. A life I decided to take knowing what would happen. I felt myself being followed and looked in my mirror to see someone on a bike. I sped up taking different turns and soon lost him. I looked around trying to find a way to go back to the bar but everything was deserted. Just road that goes on for miles. I sighed pulling over to check my phone . And of course no signal. 

I turned around just hoping I can see a sign to know where I'm going. After an hour I haven't seen one sign. I was starting to lose my mind but I saw a pair of lights coming my way. I stood up from my bike hoping they would stop, and luckily they did. I went to the side of truck looking up since the window was pretty high.

"Hey do you know the way back to the city?" I asked the person. No one answered making me reach to the back of my pants where my gun was strapped to. "Umm excuse me?" I asked again hoping to get an answer but I got none but a light turned on in the van. I looked closely and saw Marco.