Chp23-Pink lipstick and little me

Summer's POV
It's honestly so good to be back home with my family. Living with Abuela was nice but I couldn't finish my senior year and now I'm a 20 year old in high school. It's not bad either but it just feels wrong. I'm finally free but how long will I really be free. In the Gonzalez family we've been running since the day we were born. Camilla is an exact replica of my mom and dad mixed together sassy as hell but also strong too. I honestly thought she wouldn't be ok after my 'death'. But she was strong. Cause she's a Gonzalez.

That's the one thing I love about this family. Even though we're always running, fighting and in danger, we will stick by each other's side and be strong for each other.

I was cut out of my thoughts when I heard a squeal of joy and felt something smash against my legs. I looked down to see my little bundle of joy.

"Hey chiquita how was school?" I asked bending down so I was eye level with her.

"It was ok. Some of the older kids started fighting in lunch. It was awesome!" Athena exclaimed with a big smile on her face.

"Did you learn anything new?" I asked her completely ignoring the fight she saw. This girl is gonna end up just like her aunt. Not that I'm complaining. Maybe a little.

"We learned somethings but I wasn't really paying attention." She answered staring off at something behind me. I looked behind me to see a little boy around her age that had black hair and bright blue eyes with some green. From here I could already tell he was trouble.

"Mira Athena. I don't want you being with boys." I said seriously snapping her out of her little daydream. Instantly she had her dreamy eyes turn dark and stormy and I knew what was gonna happen next would not be good.

Camilla's POV

Summer left about 20 minutes ago to go pick up Athena from school. Danny was laying down from migraines and the gang went to a carnival that opens every November. I stayed home while Mami and Papi went to some party that they'll probably come back drunk.

Even though it's hilarious when they're drunk it's hard to carry them upstairs and into their bedroom. That's not fun.

I am laying down and doing some homework. I need to get out of high school so that then I can do something with dance. I'm seriously tired of looking over my shoulder everywhere I go. I know that I'll always be in danger unless I take care of Marco. Even though he was like my brother he betrayed me and hurt me and now I have to finish him before he finishes me and Danny.

I was brought back to the world when I heard the front door slam shut and Summer yelling.

"Lo a tenido contigo desobedeciendo me." Summer's voice rang throughout the house. (I've had it with you disobeying me) And trust me...she sounded pissed. Pissed like you just took my picaña kind of pissed.(Brazilian steak...it's really good)

I ran downstairs knowing Danny couldn't deal with Summer like this. Not many people could. In the living room I see Athena sitting down on the couch not listening to her mother. I see Summer and I see the devil. Her face is just bright red and she looks like she's about to slap Athena. But before she can I jump in the way and she slaps me across the face instead. To that Athena jumps up and runs up the stairs.

"Summer you need to calm down!" I yell at her looking at her and doing her breathing exercises with her. Slowly but surely she starts to calm down and I see the anger slowly leave her eyes.

"I'm good." She said looking down and I nod my head letting go of her shoulders.

"What the hell happened? You almost slapped Athena!" I asked her showing her my now most likely red cheek.