Chapter 4:

Americas Pov

"Maxon we can't keep doing this," I said pulling back from our kiss

"Why not. We are in your room. No one will catch us," He says leaning in for another kiss. I pushed him away laughing.

"Wrong," A girly voice said. I recognized it immediately and cringed.

"Oh no," Maxon sighed.

"Hey Max," Valerie laughed.

"Valerie," Maxon sighed. Than he seemed to realize he probably shouldn't sound so annoyed because she was in charge now. She had the power. She knew the secret.  "

"Please don't tell anyone," I pleaded. Just thinking about what could happen to me if this was dis obeyed was enough for me to consider breaking it off.

"Oh I won't. Wouldn't want to interupt true love," Valerie laughed stepping towards us. She reached up and pinched his cheek tauntingly. "Besides I wouldnt want to betray either of you."

Me and Valerie really have become the best of friends. We hang out a lot. Usually when I'm not with Maxon I'm with Valerie. I try to avoid James, because I know he likes me. It's a good thing and a bad thing. It's a good thing because I get to stay here with Maxon, it's a bad thing because I have to spend time with him.

"Are you guys going to answer some questions for me?" She asked.

"I guess," I replied.

"How long has this been going on," She said pointing to us and making a kissy face.

"A week or so. Since the last rebel attack," Maxon answered.

"One more question. What about James," She asked.

"What about me," A masculine voice asked.

Great. I silently cursed Valerie for leaving the door open.

"Hello, Valerie, Lady America, brother," James said.

"Hello James," We all chorused back.

"What is going on in here," He asked.

"Nothing," we all said again.

"I am here to escort the lady to the dining hall," He said.

"Oh right," I said sadly.

"Let's go," He said extending his arm. I took his arm and looked back at Maxon. He looked sad.

"Well let's go, Maxie," Valerie said. I know Maxon hates the name, but Valerie loves using it. She pulled on his arm and Maxon followed.

James Pov
_______________________
(Dun Dun Dun)

I take America away and she looks gloom. Maybe because I sent one of her friends home in my last elimination. But to be fare she usually looked gloomy. I planned to get to the bottom of this. I know there is something she's keeping from me and I want to know. I had to get to her room. I pretended to look down at my watch

"Oh no. I must go. I just remembered I planned on doing something for mother," I lied. "I will see you tomorrow at breakfast." I ran from the dining room doors up to her room. I opened it up a crack and looked in. It was all clear. I went in and hid in her closet. She came in an hour later with a strawberry tart in her hand. Typical.

About ten minutes later a knock was heard at the door.

My brother walked in. "Sorry I'm late," He said. "Couldn't ditch Valerie and her questions."

"It's okay," She walked up to him and gave him a chaste kiss. WHAT! And my brother kissed her back. WHAT! My brother and her were kissing each other. WHAT!

"What is going on here!" I yelled running out of her closet.

"James!" They both yelled.

"You have to listen," Maxon said.

"You bet I do. Explain."

"Well," Maxon started.

"No. Her," I said pointing to America.

She burst out into fits of tears. Maxon went to comfort her. He sat there with his arm around her rubbing her back soothingly. I had to admit they were both so cute. And my brother really did need her. She could be good for him.

"Hello Sweetie," A menacing voice said. I turned and saw 3 rebels standing on Americas balcony. The one in the middle was a girl who looked scared. The two on the ends were men with guns. One held a gun at me and the other at my brother.

Me and Maxon just stood there dumbfounded. America didn't do anything, but stand up. She was right next to Maxon. Just as the rebel was about to shoot at him she kicked the gun out of his hand making it shoot the rebel pointing a gun at me in the hand, causing him to drop the gun. She just saved both our lives and all she did was kick.

She did a sweeping side kick tripping one of them and knocking him out with a swift kick to the head. Maxon called for a guard. She looked to the other and did a fan kick hitting him in the face. Then she grabbed his arm and kicked him back. Making him stumble off the balcony. She didn't do anything to the girl in the middle. She just dragged all 3 of us to a maids safe room, as a rebel alarm blared threw the castle.

Americas Pov
________________________

After I got the boys in a safe room I hugged Zee. "Zee Avi it's been years. Why were you with the rebels?" I asked.

"I was captured. They are terrible, but they thought you would be weaker if I was there. You were amazing by the way," She explained.

"Ah. I see," I pondered. "I have some unfinished business with the men over there, so why don't you go sit over there."

She made her way to the other end of the room as I walked over to the boys.

"Thank you, America. You saved me again," Maxon said hugging me.

"We have business to get too," Janes said. "I don't want to tear you two apart, but I can't have her continuing as a lady. I am upgrading her to a fighter. She will be a general for the guards, and will help protect the palace. You will tell the story that you guys got along very well after she was eliminated."

"Thank you so much," I said giving him a friendly hug.

"That's not all. You will be upgraded to head of Maxon's personal guard," He finished.

"Thank you so much," Maxon said. "I hope there is no hard feelings."

"No there is not," He said. "I have taken quite a liking to Kris's Ambers, Marlee Tames, Elise Whisks, Natalie Luca, Celeste Newsome, and Ashley Brouliette. I think I found my Elite."

"Thank you," Me and Maxon chorused.

"Your welcome."