Chapter 5

Americas Pov
_________________________.

Lights are terrifying when there flashing in your eyes. . People are evil when all there eyes are on you. Microphones are horrible when there shoved up in your face. I learned all of this on the report.

Yes. James did stay true to his word and eliminate me. Then he hired me as a fighter. Which is a fancy word for a female guard. And it is the story of the century. As soon as it got out I was still here and living in the palace, a frenzy occurred. I was bombarded with questions from all the selected. I was enabled by magazines to do a story on me. And I was forced to do an episode of The Report explaining it all. So here I am. With lights flashing in my eyes. People staring at me. And Gavril Fadaye, shoving a microphone in my face.

"Miss America. Welcome back,"' Gavril said. "Now we brought you back on the report to talk about your new job and if you have a new relationship."

"Well hi Illea. I would be happy to tell you about some details about my new position and," I looked back at Maxon and James to ask permission. They nodded there heads. "My new relationship."

"Oh. So there is a new relationship. Is it a guard? A server?" Gavril asked.

"More on that later. My new job now," I laughed nervously.

"My. My. Always the feisty one. Well how did you get your job? I heard it's a very interesting story."

"Why don't you ask them," I said pointing to the princes.

"Oh. So you saved the princes," Gavril began.

"Indeed."

"So what is the story Prince James," He asked.

"Well three rebels came into her room while we were talking," James said. "And two of them had guns pointed at me and my brothers heads." There were gasps threw out the room. "And she fought them with the skills of are highest guards. I wasn't planning on putting her in the elite, so I upgraded her to a general and my brothers head personal guard."

"And why Prince Maxon," Gavril asked.

"Because he's my new relationship," I said nervously.

"Wow. And how did that happen," Gavril asked actually seeming interested.

"Um. Well I've been Prince Maxon's head guard for 2 weeks. And we grew close during that time," I lied.

"And what do you think of this relationship, Prince James," He asked.

"I fully and truely support Maxerica," He said

"Maxerica," He said cooing over are new nickname. "Well that's all the time we have tonight. I'll see you next week on the report. "

I walked off of the stage and went off to change into some more comfy clothes for my first meeting as general. Today I was booked solid. I have to train some new recruits, then I had a meeting with the rest of Maxon's personal guards, then I'm scheduled to guard Valeries door. She asked for me specifically I guess. It's weird being referred to as a guard, because they don't have any girl guards. I changed and left and  so thankfully ran into Maxon on his way to his room.

"Hello General America," He said mockingly.

"Hello Prince Maxon. It's General Singer by the way," I teased.

"Off to training?" He asked.

"Yes I am. And I must go. Can't be late on my first day," I said giving him a quick kiss.