Chapter 21

Here is the chapter and you have all been waiting for. The big one I've been talking about. (I'm going to start putting the dress Americas wearing at the top of the chapter. And everyone else's throughout the chapters. If this annoys you, Just tell me)

There was a swift and confident knock on my door. I marked the page and set down my book. I walked over to the door and pulled it open. 

"Can I talk to you," Celeste asked.

I nodded and stepped aside.

She came in and sat on the edge of my bed. Celeste patted the space next to her, indicating that I should sit. I sat next to her and she sighed.

"We are friends right?" She asked.

I nodded.

"And I can tell you anything right?"

"Of course," I assured her.

She nodded. "James proposed to me."

"Celeste!" I squealed. "That's great."

I did a mock curtsy. "Your majesty."

She laughed. "Well your going to be a princess too you know."

I smiled and thought about Maxon. "Well who would of guessed that we would be the future rulers of Illea," she giggled

"Well I'm really just your second in command," I reminded her. "You make all the official decisions and get all the credit."

"I can't believe I'm going to be a queen!" She yelled.

We squealed again. Screaming like little girls.

My door squeaked open and Maxon popped his head in. "What's all the squealing about?" Maxon asked.

"Like you don't know!" Celeste yelled.

"Congratulations Celeste," he laughed.

"Thank you Maxon," she thanked

"Your welcome," He smiled.

"Now I've already heard that you guys haven't seen each other in over 24 hours!" She exaggerated. "How was your trip to Carolina?"

I started pouting. "I think it wasn't fair. My home is there and I should've gone to protect Maxon, as I am a fighter. But no. Apparently they want to give me the week off. I'm literally off all the time. I want to work. I mean give me a break. Well don't actually give me a break. I love my job. I'll stop talking now."

Maxon kissed me lightly. "I missed you too."

"Goodbye," Celeste called.

I mumbled something incoherent back and continued to stare into Maxons eyes.

"You know I have to work," I sighed.

"I know," he said mimicking my sigh. "I missed you so much though. I just wish you could stay."

"I'll see you tonight at the engagement party. Except Ill be working. I'll see you at the protection meeting later ."

I kissed him goodbye and went to get ready for the meeting.

~oOo~

"Welcome fighters, guards to the protection meeting," King Clarkson announced. "For a while one of our own fighters has been studying the patterns of rebel attacks and has been going out to investigate where she believes some rebel bases are. General America Singer."

Maxon looked surprised and I smiled at him and took out the slide show I made, and plugged the hard drive into the projector. I sighed and began.