Chapter 11

"What?" He asked.

"I remember," I yelled jumping on him and kissing all over his face. "I remember you. I remember being a fighter. And i remember those lips!" I laughed giving him a hard kiss on the lips.

"You remember?" He asked.

"Yes I remember," I sighed sitting up.

"It's about time," He sighed too. Putting his arm around my waist. I snuggled into his chest and breathed in his warm scent. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too."

"Is there anything you don't remember?" He asked me.

"I seem to remember everything. There is small things that are going to slowly come back. That's what those headaches were all about. Memories slowly seeping there way back into my brain. So I'll probably have headaches for the next couple of days," I said. "I can't wait to get back to my job."

Maxon stiffened. "Is it really a good idea for you to go back to doing the one thing that harmed you?"

"Technically it didn't harm me. I took the bullet for Isabel. It wasn't aimed at me. You dropped me. It was the rebels fault, but you are still the one who dropped me. No outside forces hurt me. My job did not hurt me. Don't be so overprotective that you stop me from doing what I love," I chided.

"Fine. But for the next month you must stay in a safe room during any attack. While you are recovering," He decided.

"Recovering," I asked exasperated. "I'm fine." He glared at me. "Fine of course."

I let myself rest in peace against his chest. Is there anything coming up that I should be preparing for. I gasped.

"You know your right. I shouldn't be able to do anything for a good month and 1 week. I need to recover. I lost my memory for 3 weeks. I need to recover from such a fatal concusion on my head," I fidgeted with my minty dress.

"Hmm," Maxon wondered. I pursed my lips. "Would this have anything to do with the masquerade ball coming up in a month and a week."

"Why would you think such a thing," I gasped feinting false horror.

"You must go, Anerica," He sighed. "It's what's required of you if you are ever to be my wife."

I pouted. "Why? You are not going to be able to tell its me."

"I would know you from a mile away,"
He assured me.

"Is that a challenge?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"I believe it is."

"Do you really want to do that," I asked. "I have a team of experts. I have people who keep track of what colors you've seen me in. I have people who can make me a brand new dress in a day if you see it. I have people who will dress like me to ensure you don't know it's me. I have people who will gladly put so many jewels in my hair that you won't be able to tell its red."

"Challenge excepted!" He smirks.

"It's on," I stated.

He pulled me against his chest. "I missed this side of you. It's been gone to long."

I kissed him again. "I missed remembering who you were."

The clink, clink, clink of metal locks being opened brought me out of my peaceful moment with Maxon. The authoritative voice of the guard brought me a smile. "We found Miss America and Prince Maxon!" The guard yelled.

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek then whispered in his ear ," I'll see you tonight. Come to my room and we can look at the stars out on the balcony."

I made my way to the women's room. When i walked in everyone looked surprised to see me. Since I didn't remember any of them I never came to visit. "Oh don't look so surprised. I remembered everything. Now I need to see Lady Marlee and Lady Celeste in my room. Now!"

They came up to me and gave me some hugs. Saying I missed you and other sincere things as we walked up to my room. I told my maids I remembered them and then got down to business.

"I need a dress for the masquerade ball. It needs to be out of my style. I need it to be long and it needs to be a deep red. Preferably a deep red that fades into a little bit of a lighter tone of red. I need a big red rose with glitter on it for my hair. And I need lots of jewels in my hair too," I stopped for there reactions.

Lucy squealed. "I can't wait To make these dress!"

" I have some ideas I would like to pitch in on the dress," Celeste said running to the other side of the room with Lucy.

"For the makeup I was thinking a deep red for the lipstick. And a tiny bit of gold around the eyes. I know you won't be able to see much If the eye makeup so I wanted to go light," Anne said.

"That's perfect," I agreed. "Mary and Marlee. I need your guys help with the mask and the fan."

They nodded. I led them to my desk and began sketching out what I want.

"I want it to be red. It needs to be decorated with gold glitter and tiny roses made of shiny fabric. And slick feathers. I want fake tints to decorate it too."

They both squealed. "Oh my gosh!" Mary squealed. "I can't wait."

"This will be so much fun!" Marlee squeaked.

"Wait girls!" I called. "Before you get started. You must make sure Maxon can not recognize me!"

"Yes Mam!"