Chapter 31

"How could you possibly arrange this with the busy schedule you've had?" I asked as I ate a chocolate strawberry.

"We don't have long before that meeting, but I managed to cram you into my schedule. I'll always make time for you," he said while grabbing a strawberry tart.

He brought it to his lips and nibbled a little bite. I leaned up as if to give him a kiss, but instead took a bite of his tart that was still suspended in the air.

"You little..."

I captured his lips with mine to shut him up. I could never understand how one persons lips could be so soft and addicting. I could kiss Maxon for hours. He was like a drug.

"What's the surprise meeting about?" I asked, resting my head against his chest and cuddling up to his warm body.

He wrapped his arm around me. "I have no idea."

"You are the king. I feel like you should know that," I teased into his shoulder.

"You would be surprised at how little they tell us royals," maxon laughed.

"Can't we just demand them to tell us?"

"We can, but I feel like they might like us a little less."

"It's a risk we might need to take," I said, seriousness and all in my expression.

We both burst into laughter. I held my stomach as I rolled around on the ground. I was having one of those laughing fits where you just can't stop laughing, even though the joke was hardly funny at all. The ones where you think you're done, but than you break into another fit of giggles.

"Calm down," Maxon laughed. "Did you hit your head on the way here?"

That just sent me into a whole new laughing fit.

"Yes, is this the mental institution," Maxon joked, putting a Fake phone he made with his hand up to his ear. "Great. This is king Maxon. I think my wife's gone Insane."

I finally sobered up enough to sit up. I punched his arm and turned my back on him. I heard him come up behind me. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to him, kissing up my shoulders and neck.

"America," he whispered in my ear. "I'm sorry. Do you forgive me? Please.."

I turned around and circled my arms around his neck. "I could never ever stay mad at you."

I leaned up to kiss him again.

~oOo~

"So what's the big emergency meeting about?" I asked as we sat with the advisors at the council room.

"Gavril Fadaye is sick," Stravos, one of our main advisors, informed us.

I looked over to Valarie to see if she was okay, but she didn't look like it was news to her.

"Is it serious?" Maxon asked.

Silvia shook her head. "No. just a basic cold."

"And you thought this was good enough news to have a meeting over?" Maxon asked, his voice raising slightly.

"It's not his illness, sir. It's the report. We have no host without him. It's your first report as a married couple, and Illea will want to see pictures from the weeding and coronation. It won't work without a host," Silvia explained.