Chapter 27

L"I can't believe we are going to be married in 2 months," I sighed.

"It's all so real now," maxon sighed too.

He suddenly kissed me slowly

I pulled back and breathed heavily. "What was that for?"

"I haven't kissed you since you went to design your dress three hours ago," he murmured as if this explained everything.

"It's turning out terrible," I stated.

"What's wrong?" Maxon questioned.

"It's just......nothing's right. I don't want something short, but I don't want a ball gown either. The sweet heart necklines just aren't for me, but I don't like short or long-sleeves. And the color!" I groaned exasperated.  "I do not want to be one of those people with colorful dresses,  but I just do not like the normal white."

He raised an eyebrow at me. Me ranting about clothes was not a normal occasion.

"I don't like lace," I Continue. "But I don't want anything plain. I don't want layers and layers of fabric or lots of jewels, but I want it to have just enough detail.  I don't like the normal high low dresses, yet I'm in love with the style. My maids have shown me so many dresses, but none of them are right."

"This seems super difficult," he agreed.

"Well I have to have the perfect dress to go with all of your fancy, shiny medals you have to wear," I laughed jokingly.

"Up with the chandeliers," he quotes from the time I told him just that.

I nodded in agreement.

"Are you really worth all this hassle," I teased, sighing dramatically.

"I know you are," he claimed passionately.

"I love you."

"Love you too."

I reached up to kiss him again.

~oOo~

"Lady America stop Doodling while I'm talking!" Silvia yelled and clicked her heels agitatedly.

I sighed and set my pencil down.

"As I was saying," she continued. "For the rebels, your wedding would be the perfect time to attack. They are not gong to stop with James. This isn't over until the monarchy is over, or the rebel leader is gone."

My eyes widened. No. they are not going to ruin my wedding!

"So we will double on security. We will hide a couple fighters in the crowd....."
Silvia explained.

I cut her off. "No! We did the exact same thing during the engagement ball, and the crowed prince of Illea died!"

"Lady America we can't do anything else! We are only capable of so much. Besides, a good portion of the rebels died during the last attack. They'll be down in numbers."

I sat back in my chair and pouted. I went back to sketching as she continued to babble on about wedding details

"We were thinking pink velvet frosting and little white chocolate roses." She paused. "What's that?"

I looked up at Silvia than back down at the sketch of a dress I was drawing. "A dress, I think."

I furrowed my brow and looked down at my doodle. I shaded in some and added some squirly lines for lace. I pulled my pencil back. Now this was a dress I would wear.