Chapter 15:The prank war begins

I was walking through the halls with Marlee and Celeste. They were both supposed to be going to Angeles square today with Maxon, James, and Valerie and I was assigned as their protector.

Nicoletta and Daphne were also coming. They had told me that with Val and Maxons pranks aren't just in the palace. Their public. They try so hard to make a fool of the other. And that is where I come in. King Clarkson asked me to make sure they do not make a fool of the monarchy.

We met everyone down stairs. Maxon had a leather satchel with him. I raised an eyebrow at him. "I need to go through that. Safety reasons. It's my job."

He gave me a pout but handed me the bag. I went threw it. Their was a voice modulator, paste, glue, and silly string.
"Scarlette!" I called. I made sure to have her near me. She came with a basket and I unloaded Maxon's needed supplies as he put it, into the basket.

"Valerie," I said sweetly. "The safety precautions I have to take say that I must go through your purse."
She glared at me as she handed it to me. Their was ropes, lipstick, paint, and pink glitter. I put them on the basket and shooed Scarlette away.

"Ok let's go," I agreed giving Val her purse. Done guards brought a black fancy car around. There were two fancy Jeeps behind it that would be escorting us. I helped everyone into the car and after I helped  Maxon in he tried to pull me in.

I shook my finger at him. "Protectors sit in the front," I smiled. "Irresponsible pranksters sit in the back." I pecked him on the lips. "Love you."

I sat in the front and we had pulled out. I kept a very close eye on Val and Maxon during the car ride and social in Angeles Square. No crimes were committed. If pranks count as crimes.

Right now I was sitting with Valerie. "Wait so your saying you dyed his hair blue!" I snorted. "Smurf blue!"

Valerie giggled. "Yeah. I did. But it had consequences. He fed my favorite dress to his dog."

"And what did you do back?"

She looked down guiltily. "Ilethisdogout," She murmured.

"What?" I asked.

"I let Bickley go. He was a white lab. Adorable. I was so angry that I took him on a walk, and then didn't bring him back. Maxon didn't talk to me for 7 months."

I was about to reply when there was a loud noise from behind us. I automatically brought my elbow back and hit someone. I turned in a fighting stance and saw Maxon on the floor clutching his stomach in pain.

"Maxon!" I shrieked. "Don't sneak up on me!"

"Well I wasn't trying to sneak up on you," He choked. "I was supposed to scare Val."

Valerie smirked and flicked his head. "Good luck buddy. It looks like Americas Helping me."

She walked off.

I helped Maxon up and gave him a quick kiss. "Sorry Maxon. It's reflex. I'm a trained killer."

"I guess it's okay Ames," He said.

We made our way home. I was with Scarlette and Shea. Me and Scarlette were off tonight and Shea was tagging along. We were walking through the halls when I heard a scream.

Valerie cane running out of her room. Complete and entirely blue. Maxon cane running out of the room next door. He saw Val and fell on the floor laughing. "Who's the smurf now!" He managed to choke out through his laughing fit.

"Maxon Calix Schreave!" A sweet but authoritative voice called at the sane time as me. "That is no way to treat a lady. I do not care what kind of silly prank war you think is going on. You will apologize!" Queen Amberly yelled. I loved how she was always there when you needed her.

"No Amberly," Valerie said placing a blue hand on the queens shoulder. "I can handle Maxon."

Amberly nodded and walked off.

~oOo~

"America, come inside," Maxon begged.

"No!" I said standing my ground. "Im working. I am guarding your door. It's my job. Not to cone in and keep you company."

He pouted. "But you can't protect me from outside my room. Come inside."

"That would be inappropriate. I'm your employee. Your my employer."

"You do all the time though!" He complained.

"When I'm off work," I said using as much finality in my tone as I could muster. "Good night Maxon," I said closing the door.

I had been standing outside for no less then 10 minutes. When I heard some giggling and a scream. A giggle I recognized to know end and scream I could never forget.

I opened the door to see Maxon sulking on his bed. He was covered in what looked like multi covered paint and feathers. He was pink, purple, blue, and green. His face looked so sad. In a childish way. Valerie was standing with a bucket in her hand giggling.

"Valerie!" I shrieked. "What did you do to Maxon!"

"I was just standing here," Maxon pouted. "Until I was attacked by a vicious monster. I told you the threat was inside my room."

I shook my head at his childish antics. I walked to his bathroom, pulled the shower lever, and walked out. I made my way to the door. "Goodnight you big baby," I said and closed the door.

~oOo~

"Why do you do these prank wars if you always get hurt?" I asked Maxon as we sat together on his bed.

"Because we always need revenge," Maxon shrugged.

Valerie's unmistakable voice laughed. "Like right now."

I saw the bucket hanging over our head. Valerie holding its string from her hiding spot in the closet. She slowly let go of the string. But her aim had to be off and barely missed Maxon, dowsing me in the freezing cold water.

Maxon looked angry at Valerie for getting me with the ice bucket. He pulled out his crazy string can, but like Valerie missed and hit me. Covering me in crazy string.

"I am so sorry America!" Maxon gasped. He tried to come comfort me, but I just glared at him.

I walked out the door, Bailey following. But before I shut the door I menacingly muttered three words.

"This means war."